Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I feel like people don't mind if Toyota has recalls, they still buy them. My mom bought a 2014 Accent two weeks ago, when her friend saw it a few days ago, she told my mom: why didn't you go to Toyota? like if she had bought a bad car.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like people don't mind if Toyota has recalls, they still buy them. My mom bought a 2014 Accent two weeks ago, when her friend saw it a few days ago, she told my mom: why didn't you go to Toyota? like if she had bought a bad car.
Lol yeah that was a bit rude as though your mom's choice wasn't good enough. Toyota has a very loyal following and most like myself have purchased multiple cars from them and have had an excellent experience. Honda owners are just as loyal my father is one of them. I don't think he'd even consider anything else.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Yeah if they like the look of Honda and Toyota good for them, they're not bad cars but I just don't like the look. My mom wanted a small car with a good warranty, she is 73 years old and may not drive in a few years so the little Accent was a good choice for her. She loves it, she took it white. She traded her 2007 Ford Focus Wagon, it was too big for her.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Being pretty disappointed with my last Toyota ( I've owned three ) was one of the reasons I looked at Hyundai again after 25 years. It's true that Toyota and Honda still have "the reputation" but in my mind ( with several but not all their models ) Toyota and Honda simply aren't what they were 20 years ago. You've got to figure that you could bronze a giant turd, add wheels and a Toyota / Honda badge...and I'm sure there would still be several hundred takers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts