Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to buy a 2022 Tucson Hybrid and get a towing package. It shows this package as an option but every dealer I talked with says that a towing package in not available for the 2022 Tucson Hybrid -- either as a factory option or accessory. Is anyone else dealing with this issue, and have you found a Hyundai or aftermarket solution?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dealer gave us 500 credit for U-Haul to install a hitch since Hyundai doesn't even have the part number yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer gave us 500 credit for U-Haul to install a hitch since Hyundai doesn't even have the part number yet.
Thanks -- I doubt the dealer I tried to work with will do that. They are selling at sticker price and (are you ready) they designated carpet floor mats as a $169 option on a $38,000 car. I asked if they would wave it and they said no.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Strange that you don't have the hitch in USA. I get one from the dealer in Canada for my Tucson Hybrid.

2" hitch, I don't get the wires, it's for my bike rack.

Part # N7H03-AP000

Not sure you have the same parts # system in USA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. At the dealer or elsewhere?
It was at the dealer. Needed it for this Memorial Day weekend but it was taking 2 weeks to get the harness. They gave us a loaner so I could still pull the trailer. They have been good at working with us just wish I did not have to point each thing out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice dealer. Sounds like there might be a happy ending. Let us know if you finally get a dealer installed hitch and wiring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm also waiting on a hitch for the 2022, ive found the $500 one direct from Hyundai but waiting for lower priced options. Soon hopefully, My Kuat NV 2.0 showing up on Wednesday :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoping to buy a 2022 Tucson Hybrid and get a towing package. It shows this package as an option but every dealer I talked with says that a towing package in not available for the 2022 Tucson Hybrid -- either as a factory option or accessory. Is anyone else dealing with this issue, and have you found a Hyundai or aftermarket solution?
Good morning,

Like you I am trying to purchase. Here is what I have encountered when inquiring about a tow hitch (hauling a 5x8 enclosed trailer) for the 2021 and/or 2022 Tucson Hybrid. I am in FL in the Tampa Bay area and have reached out to a total of 10 dealerships, they have all had very similar responses in regards to whether or not a tow hitch for pulling a trailer can be placed on the Tucson or not:
1- most of them had gone to look into it and have come back with a straight up NO. A hitch can be installed but no harness. The explanation has been due to battery placement being in the rear it is not intended to haul weight and that it would void the vehicles warranty.
2- Yes you can install a hitch if it's just i.e. to put a bike rack

I am curious to hear from the people that have successfully had one installed (specially if it was done by Hyundai dealership) if : it was the a hitch and harness; if there had been any mention of voiding warranty and the likes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good morning,

Like you I am trying to purchase. Here is what I have encountered when inquiring about a tow hitch (hauling a 5x8 enclosed trailer) for the 2021 and/or 2022 Tucson Hybrid. I am in FL in the Tampa Bay area and have reached out to a total of 10 dealerships, they have all had very similar responses in regards to whether or not a tow hitch for pulling a trailer can be placed on the Tucson or not:
1- most of them had gone to look into it and have come back with a straight up NO. A hitch can be installed but no harness. The explanation has been due to battery placement being in the rear it is not intended to haul weight and that it would void the vehicles warranty.
2- Yes you can install a hitch if it's just i.e. to put a bike rack

I am curious to hear from the people that have successfully had one installed (specially if it was done by Hyundai dealership) if : it was the a hitch and harness; if there had been any mention of voiding warranty and the likes.
In Hyundai's own description they say it can tow up to 2,000 lbs. This one may have to go to the Hyundai engineers. Wonder if any are listening in here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could you please tell me what u-haul part they used? I'm getting mixed information between dealerships and Uhauls on if there are even any hitches that fit the new 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out? running into the same issue here.. bought the 2022 Tucson Hybrid because we needed a car to tow our new trailer... only to find out there aren't any tow packages or hitches that fit. Super mad and wish they would have said something before we bought the car..

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just got 22 Tucson Hybrid and just had the tow hitch installed but then I had to tell them that I also require the trailer harness.
Do you know which part they used? I'm having trouble finding any hitch that fits :( None of the dealerships in my area have anything

·
Registered
19 Posts
So some people (including dealers) are saying installing a hitch and wiring will void the warranty on the 2022 Tucson Hybrid and yet the Hyundai Official website lists towing specs as:
Tucson Hybrid SEL:
Towing capacity with trailer brakes (lbs.) 2000.0

Towing capacity without trailer brakes (lbs.) 1650.0

WTF! Dazed and Confused!
Can anyone sort this out?

·
Registered
19 Posts
So some people (including dealers) are saying installing a hitch and wiring will void the warranty on the 2022 Tucson Hybrid and yet the Hyundai Official website lists towing specs as:
Tucson Hybrid SEL:
Towing capacity with trailer brakes (lbs.) 2000.0

Towing capacity without trailer brakes (lbs.) 1650.0

WTF! Dazed and Confused!
Can anyone sort this out?
Update- According to the dealer where I bought my Tucson, a tow hitch and harness will not void the warranty, FWIW. However, they couldn't give me an ETA for these accessories!

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Curt MFG has hitch and wire kits available. In a different thread a user confirmed their vehicle had the OE plug required for the harness, Not sure if it's standard or not. Your local vehicle accessories dealer should be able to get these for you (and is probably cheaper than the dealer)

Hitch: Class 3 Trailer Hitch, 2" Receiver, Select Hyundai Tucson

Wire: Custom Wiring Harness, 4-Way Flat, Select Hyundai, Kia, Tow Package Needed
Yeah, I actually had looked at these. A little apprehensive if they will indeed work with the Hybrid model. Mainly because the install instructions for the harness specifically state, as the first step, to disconnect the 12 volt batt in the engine compartment. The Hybrid Tucson has no 12 volt batt in the engine compartment or anywhere else. All electronics are powered by the Li ion batt under the rear passenger seat. So that right there doesn't instill confidence.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts