Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I need to put a class 1 hitch on my car. Everything auto sells Curtis hitches and said hybrid and regular use same hitch. But the wireing t connection for lights is different. I need to tow a class 1 trailer. My power wheelchair weights almost 450 pounds which exceeds the 200 pound tounge weight on a power scooter carrier.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Sorry I can't help with the hitch but this Go-Go works for us.

It is very easy to assemble/disassemble and the heaviest part only weighs about 15#.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my spare

Thank you my go go is my spare tire in my trunk. It has a 15 mile distance. But my muscular dystrophy sometimes really puts me in the crapper deep. I run in cycles with my degrees of wheel chair dependability. I can wake up some mornings walking like charlie Chaplin with a cane. And then thiers times im liveing in a Christopher revees chair. I am worried about dealer voided warranty. I waas told many hybrid cars have chair carrier. But towing 1500 pound chair plus trailer will it cook the tranny since hyundai does not use a cvt or tork converter connection to the electric motor. Any service writers on this fourm?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not a service person but an owner of a 2011 hybrid. I put a class one hitch on my Sonata and have pulled a small flat bed trailer occationaly. I may have about 300 miles total pulling so I can not say I have lots of experience but.... I have seen no apparent issues even at highway speeds other than getting 30MPG rather than 40. The car does not kick into EV mode very often (which makes sence with the increased wind resitance of the trailer). I am still with in the maximum GVWT so....

I assume you would do alot more "towing" than I.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts