Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
17,146 Posts
I had a detachable Witter towbar on my Getz. The Witter bars for the Getz are swan neck type so there is no bumper cut required.

In my experience, the cut is never marked on the bumper on Hyundai cars. You should get dimensions of the cut with the towbar if cutting is required.

·
Registered
17,146 Posts
I don't know about Halo_2, but I towed my aeroplane behind mine and it's not a balsa wood model. The wee diesel engine pulled like the plane wasn't even there.

·
Registered
17,146 Posts
Bloody cracking little cars I've had mine for 12 years and spent hardly anything on it!
Couldn't agree more. I had mine for 12years too then sold it to another family member. The only non wear and tear item that eventually needed replaced was the battery. Loved the wee car but it was just too wee to carry all my tools, so it had to go :crying2:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
For anyone else, remove the rear tires then to remove the bumper is the obvious screws around bumper plus three in each tire well.

What isn’t obvious is when you pull the bumper off is there is two plastic clips under each rear light on bumper.

To access them the bumper is attached to a plastic bar you have to pull towards you to unclip from body if it’s not working use something to pry it away from body. Then will hang out far enough to get a Philip screwdriver in to undo plastic clips under lights.

Then remove bumper plastic bracket held on by 4 x 22mm nuts.

Four bolts hold the towbar to frame of car very simply. I suggest a tap to remove sound deadner from bolt holes. But can get by without just takes forever.

Then put bumper bracket back on and my bumper itself needed to be cut around the bottom.

Losely fit bumper then mark out around towbar for tight fit only need a 32mm depth cut didn’t measure width of towbar.

Put Philip plastic screws under lights in first then simply push the bumper to click into place rest is straight forward.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts