Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2017 Tucson Premium with a dealer fitted towbar & 13 pin wiring system. The caravan reverse lights have never worked when connected to the Tucson. The dealer checked out the wiring & changed a control unit. When checked with the dealers equipment the reverse light on the equipment lights up. When connected to the caravan the caravan reverse lights do not come on. (the reverse lights on the car work fine). I took the caravan (a 2017 Elddis) back to the caravan dealer. They checked both the caravan & the car & told me that the fault is in the car. All of the other caravan systems/lights work fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,952 Posts
Have you used a voltmeter/test light to check the reverse light power supply on the 13 pin socket?

The pink pin should be have 12V when the car is in reverse. The white pin is the ground side of the circuit so you should check that too.

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
We, (US) either have a four pin or seven pin connections or both. I opened this post because I installed an aftermarket, (Curt) trailer hitch complete with wiring and thought that maybe I could help. Sorry, no knowledge of this setup.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2017 Tucson Premium with a dealer fitted towbar & 13 pin wiring system. The caravan reverse lights have never worked when connected to the Tucson. The dealer checked out the wiring & changed a control unit. When checked with the dealers equipment the reverse light on the equipment lights up. When connected to the caravan the caravan reverse lights do not come on. (the reverse lights on the car work fine). I took the caravan (a 2017 Elddis) back to the caravan dealer. They checked both the caravan & the car & told me that the fault is in the car. All of the other caravan systems/lights work fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
You may be better posting on the UK Tucson forum as US trailer electrics are different to the UK layout.

Has the Hyundai towbar wiring kit been used? If the car dealer's test equipment shows all circuits are working correctly you are left with caravan fault.

Have you or the caravan dealer tried connecting the caravan to another car? Have the caravan 13 pin plug terminals been checked? Does the caravan have fuses in the lighting circuits?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey guys!
I wanted to open the topic about issues with wiring but I just found this topic.
I have genuine Hyundai wiring installed by my dealer. However, it doesn't shut down parking sensors when trailer is attached. Also, if some bulbs doesn't work on trailer, there is no audible warning which is mentioned in user's manual (I just tested it today by removing bulb for turn signal).
Can someone explain how genuine Hyundai wiring works?
I think that in my case, it was not installed properly because installation lasted more than 3 hours and technicians had difficulties during installation. I watched whole process trough glass wall and it seems that it was the first time they installed trailer wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts