Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going off roading this weekend and wanted to get prepped.
There is a slot on the front bumper for a towing hook, that could help you get pulled out of a ditch.

I cant seem to find the towing hook. The users manual says that the you get the "towing hook from the tool case". It's not in with the jack and the spare is mounted underneath the car.

Any thoughts on where it is?

The local Hyundai parts department says they don't sell it.

·
Banned
532 Posts
You can purchase it separate of the tool kit- here's the HMA description & part #

HOOK-TOWING 09147-2W000

It's 10-7/8" long, hook hole ID is about 1-1/4", OD is 2", thread is about 1" in diameter and threaded length is 1-3/4". I think it's around $17-18.00 w/ tax and took 1-2 days to get, don't let them give or get you one from another vehicle, there're to short.

My parts guy gave me 2 N/C from a Sonata which was nice of him, but they were way to short and the thread was different, so I returned those and ordered the one I've got.

·
2,258 Posts
I'm going off roading this weekend and wanted to get prepped.
There is a slot on the front bumper for a towing hook
where is that location?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Front Tow Hook Location 2014 Santa Fe....

Where is this slot/location for the front hook? I've looked and even the dealership can't find one on the front of the 2014 Santa Fe. I asked dealer where a tow truck would hook if Santa Fe had to pulled by the front from a ditch or snowbank. They don't know!
We have them on our new Elantra and they are a great idea.

·
22,793 Posts
We have them on our new Elantra and they are a great idea.
We do, indeed. And the tow hook is located in the trunk where the spare tire used to be and "should have been!" :laughing:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I stopped at a different Hyundai dealer today. They couldn't find one either. The Santa Fe XL has a tow hook spot in the front bumper but the Sport does not. They said they would check with Hyundai on Monday to find out why.

·
2,258 Posts
went to the dealer: they couldn't even find a took hook receptacle on the computer schematic. seems like they forgot to add a tow hook on the front of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No front tow ring for 2013 Santa Fe Sport

I have the same concern. We do lots of cottage road driving in deep snow in the winter, and it is very easy for a car to get slightly off the center of the road, and then get into deep snow in the ditch. So we regulalirly have to pull cars out.

I'm not happy that my 2013 Santa Fe Sport doesn't have a front tow ring location. It does look like a design mistake, or oversight, and they've got it on the XL model, and most of their other vehicles.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The front tow hook is available on the Santa Fe Sports DM in countries other than Canada and the USA. I am not sure if it available on the Mexican vehicles but i know that it is standard equipment on the Costa Rican DM's.

You can see the pop out to the center of the vehicle next to the Fog Light.

Maybe we can order the Fog Light bezel and plug from a supporting country to produce the hole, but I do not remember seeing the Body Nut under the front bumper cover.

Does anybody else have a picture of the Santa Fe Sport DM front end under the Bumper Cover?

·
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Interesting. I do remember seeing the cap in the rear bumper of my SFS but never looked under to see if there was a receptacle underneath. I say this because if you Google tow hook for the 2015 Sorento, you'll come across an article stating that the tow hook and the threaded receptacle was removed in 2010. See link. I'll have to look under my vehicle after work.

Tow hook deletion. - Kia Forum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts