Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an affordable tow hitch system and bike rack hitch mounted system for my 2021 sonata. I am not interested in the truck attachments or roof attachments as those run more of a risk for damage and scratching paint. Does anyone have any advice or info regarding a set up like this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello. I am looking for the same. I just purchased an eBike and need a way to transport it with my 2017 Sonata Hybrid. I ordered the hitch from UHaul and plan to have it installed next week. Also been looking at bike racks and ordered this one https://www.amazon.com/Hyperax-Receivers-Electric-Mountain-Compatible/dp/B088YKQ9TD I am hoping it will all work together well. I had to get a rack that supports the weight to ebikes as well. My only concern is the clearance for my driveway. I won't be able to tell until I get it all together though. I have found that it seems you can only get the 1.25 connector for cars though. Many racks are 2.0 connector size to accommodate more weight for multiple bikes. I will only be carrying 1 bike, so I hope my setup works. There are adapters for this too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello. I am looking for the same. I just purchased an eBike and need a way to transport it with my 2017 Sonata Hybrid. I ordered the hitch from UHaul and plan to have it installed next week. Also been looking at bike racks and ordered this one https://www.amazon.com/Hyperax-Receivers-Electric-Mountain-Compatible/dp/B088YKQ9TD I am hoping it will all work together well. I had to get a rack that supports the weight to ebikes as well. My only concern is the clearance for my driveway. I won't be able to tell until I get it all together though. I have found that it seems you can only get the 1.25 connector for cars though. Many racks are 2.0 connector size to accommodate more weight for multiple bikes. I will only be carrying 1 bike, so I hope my setup works. There are adapters for this too.
Let me also add. None of them are affordable. This whole setup is going to cost between 600 - 700. After reading reviews it scares me not to buy a rack with really good ratings, so I have not seen any below $300, with the exception of one made by Fultyme. It is sold by Walmart and Northern tool, but goes in an out of stock so quick that it is crazy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts