Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Limited.. surf blue
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Kona in Surf Blue only 3 months and it had already gotten a small chip on the front. I went to the dealer and picked up a touch-up paint pen. I applied it as per directions and the color is WAY off! It's a much darker blue than the Surf Blue and now the chip flaw is much more noticeable than it was without the touch-up.I double checked to make sure they had sold me the right part number, and they did, so I don't understand why the color would be so far off. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what was your remedy? Thanks. Here's a pic of the color difference that I put on the underside of my door (where it's not noticeable) just to show you the difference.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It shouldn't be that far off to be honest. That's rubbish to touch up your colour. If that had been on the exposed body work perhaps you could blame Korea's or the American sun if it had been standing on a lot for a long time before being sold. But where you have applied it sun fade wont stand. I don't know how it works in America but over here I would take the paint code to our local dent shop and ask them to make me some up.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L AWD
59 Posts
That is way off...there is always some difference...it will never be perfect but clearly that is not correct. Go back to the dealer with the touch up pen and show them. Ask them if they can do anything. I had my dealers paint guy touch up some chips that I noticed on the car before I bought it and he was nice enough to give me the paint he mixed up. But even what he did was not exact but good enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts