Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've got an SEL with the 8" touch screen so these pics relate to that screen protector, however I've added a link to the 10.25" screen protector as well...

As for the 8" one I love how it turned out... Definitely worth $20 bux in the long run...

Hope it helps someone...

8" Glass screen protector SE, SEL:

10.25" Glass screen protector Limited, SEL Convenience, other?

Here's some.pics of the 8" one..

Gas Rectangle Tints and shades Automotive exterior Auto part
Hand Automotive lighting Automotive design Finger Vehicle door
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Font
Rectangle Font Electronic device Paper Paper product

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
826 Posts
I think everyone it busy ordering one. LOL

I ordered mine before I picked up my SF. But I told them to not touch anything including the plastic on the seats. So I was the person that removed the white protective film around the displays and buttons. The actual display came with the peelable protective film. I've left that on and haven't stuck on the screen protector until I begins to come off. Not sure just when that might be, I have a 2003 Explorer that still has the protective film on it's climate control display and it still going strong! But then again, that's a Ford!

Reactions: Dekero

·
Registered
595 Posts
Bought all three screen protectors for my Tucson months ago. I can’t wait to get the car to try them out…

·
Registered
277 Posts
Does it really need a screen protector? I mean, your phone is different. It can rub on keys, coins, pens, and whatnot in your pocket or purse or even get dropped but the only action your infotainment screen is going to get is a finger. lol Smudges can be cleared with eyeglass cleaner & microfiber.

Reactions: arbigard

·
Registered
343 Posts
Does it really need a screen protector? I mean, your phone is different. It can rub on keys, coins, pens, and whatnot in your pocket or purse or even get dropped but the only action your infotainment screen is going to get is a finger. lol Smudges can be cleared with eyeglass cleaner & microfiber.
No, just like modern phones with newer Gorilla Glass don't need them. But these screen protectors generally reduce glare and are oleophobic, meaning they accumulate less fingerprints and smudges. As well, you certainly can scratch the display screens in these vehicles and the protectors prevent that from happening.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,325 Posts
Here’s a tangential issue. What is Hyundai’s current recommendation for cleaning the screen? Since Nav screens “began,” I’ve never used anything but a microfiber cloth and, if necessary, some distilled water.

·
Registered
2021 Tucson, 2022 Tucson Hybrid
308 Posts
No, just like modern phones with newer Gorilla Glass don't need them. But these screen protectors generally reduce glare and are oleophobic, meaning they accumulate less fingerprints and smudges. As well, you certainly can scratch the display screens in these vehicles and the protectors prevent that from happening.
Here is the problem I see with those protectors. Our Tucson's unit screens are EXCELLENT for reducing glare, they are easily visible from any angle at any time, Hyundai made an outstanding job designing them and many car reviewers agreed with it. I'm afraid that those aftermarket protectors instead of reducing they would increase glare.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it "NEED" A screen protector.... Guess we will find out in a few years of use... But for $20 I assure you mine will be fine...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts