Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With out fail, every time I make a left hand turn I get horrendous torque steer. From a stop I make a left hand turn, at any given intersection, in my fully stock 03 Tiburon. As I'm traveling through the intersection the Hybrid transmission (in D) does it's 1 to 2 upshift. Once through the intersection, I press hard on the accelerator and as soon as the Hybrid transmission (in D) does it's 2 to 1 downshift, the wheel veers hard to the right. As a long time automotive technician, I already know that the different lenght axles cause this problem. My querry is wether or not someone somewhere makes an axle or carrier bearing kit that would stop this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (Bizzie Kelevra @ Nov 21 2010, 10:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373736
With out fail, every time I make a left hand turn I get horrendous torque steer. From a stop I make a left hand turn, at any given intersection, in my fully stock 03 Tiburon. As I'm traveling through the intersection the Hybrid transmission (in D) does it's 1 to 2 upshift. Once through the intersection, I press hard on the accelerator and as soon as the Hybrid transmission (in D) does it's 2 to 1 downshift, the wheel veers hard to the right. As a long time automotive technician, I already know that the different lenght axles cause this problem. My querry is wether or not someone somewhere makes an axle or carrier bearing kit that would stop this.
ive never had this problem and I use my tib on autocross on heavily modified suspension. The different axle lengths dont seem to be the prob. its FWD so its going to have torque steer and understeer but i dont know how bad urs is...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (wicked_gk @ Dec 12 2010, 10:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379209
ive never had this problem and I use my tib on autocross on heavily modified suspension. The different axle lengths dont seem to be the prob. its FWD so its going to have torque steer and understeer but i dont know how bad urs is...

It's pretty bad. In fact when it happened to my GF, it almost caused a side swipe by putting her into the lane on her right. Do you think this could be a manufacturer defect on my specific car?? The axles that are in it now are the same ones from when it was built. The longer one is starting to fail, and I want to replace it something that will correct this problem. Any ideas??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts