Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked through the 3G forums and I couldn't find any threads that talked about torque settings on our engines. Is there anyone who has a factory manual or has spoken to a Hyundai mechanic who knows the proper torque settings for:

1) Throttle Body
2) Alternator Retaining bolts
3) Intake Manifold
4) Exhaust Manifold

Right now I'm doing grounding with 8ga cables, but it would be good to know I guess for anyone who wants to swap in new headers or take out the intake manifold and throttle body for special work. Thanks.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Shingo1-6 @ May 16 2010, 08:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323510
I looked through the 3G forums and I couldn't find any threads that talked about torque settings on our engines. Is there anyone who has a factory manual or has spoken to a Hyundai mechanic who knows the proper torque settings for:

1) Throttle Body
2) Alternator Retaining bolts
3) Intake Manifold
4) Exhaust Manifold

Right now I'm doing grounding with 8ga cables, but it would be good to know I guess for anyone who wants to swap in new headers or take out the intake manifold and throttle body for special work. Thanks.

All the bolts you indicate is 8mmx1.25 pitch fasteners...

Nominal is 17-22 lb-ft

I could go and look them up, but that would take some time...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great! Thanks for the tipoff on HMAservice omg grip.

I found this:

It doesn't seem to indicate torque for the throttle body assembly or the the bolts that connect it to the block.

I did find a schematic for the exhaust manifold that listed 21.7-25.3 ft lbs on the bolts, but I'm not sure if I could apply that to the intake manifold as well (the block being cast iron and the head being aluminum alloy). And I wouldn't be able to assume the same torque would go for the throttle body.

@sbr711, that does make sense given the suggested torque for the exhaust manifold. I just was afraid of under-torquing something that needs to be "on there" having large volumes of air move through.

Also, the alternator seems to use 8mm threads as well on it's mounting points (not sure how long the bolts are) , would the same torque apply for that too?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I'm sitting here scamming around HMA, I have dealer login, so I can see more..

Throttle body, 11-15 lb-ft

Intake to cyl head, 11-15 lb-ft

Ex manifold to cyl head, says 21-25...... I would stop at 20-21, and that is with anti-seize on the studs

Alternator, nothing called out, I would hold at 20 lb-ft for the adjuster block lock bolt and alternator pivot nut.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (sbr711 @ May 16 2010, 10:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323552
I'm sitting here scamming around HMA, I have dealer login, so I can see more..

Throttle body, 11-15 lb-ft

Intake to cyl head, 11-15 lb-ft

Ex manifold to cyl head, says 21-25...... I would stop at 20-21, and that is with anti-seize on the studs

Alternator, nothing called out, I would hold at 20 lb-ft for the adjuster block lock bolt and alternator pivot nut.
man, thanks so much. I was really in the dark over here. That works out great. :liebe011:

I'd assume the torque would be the same with the copper grounding leads I'd be putting between the TB and the TB bolt and between the pivot nut and the the pivot (or adjuster block lock). As soon as I get some minor things checked at my dealer, I can just mount it all up. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts