Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Genesis is getting better and better reviews among the top auto media. Today Torque News reported that "This week Torque News had the opportunity to review the all-new 2018 Genesis G80 3.3T AWD Sport. This new trim features Genesis' 365 hp V6 engine coupled to a smooth shifting 8-speed automatic with paddle shifters. Our summary of this outstanding vehicle is simple; Two Thumbs up! Here are the details."

Has anyone here already driven this vehicle and want to share impressions?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Genesis is getting better and better reviews among the top auto media. Today Torque News reported that "This week Torque News had the opportunity to review the all-new 2018 Genesis G80 3.3T AWD Sport. This new trim features Genesis' 365 hp V6 engine coupled to a smooth shifting 8-speed automatic with paddle shifters. Our summary of this outstanding vehicle is simple; Two Thumbs up! Here are the details."

Has anyone here already driven this vehicle and want to share impressions?
I love the look but turbos id rather avoid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took one for a test drive before going with a 2015 Genesis, and the 2018 G80 sport was NICE. Drove really smooth, but felt the power behind it where needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Nope, meant you can feel the power is right there if you punch it, but still drives really gracefully at low acceleration

Nice. I saw one in a color they call Polar Ice. Light blueish- looks great and I love the rose colored accents on the exterior.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nope, meant you can feel the power is right there if you punch it, but still drives really gracefully at low acceleration

Nice. I saw one in a color they call Polar Ice. Light blueish- looks great and I love the rose colored accents on the exterior.
That "Rose Colored Accented Chrome" looks TERRIBLE. Visited my local dealer today. Although I'm really interested in the G70, ( which has not been introduced) I took a look at the G80 3.3T (Sport). The
Rose Colored Chrome on the Grill and door looks terrible. That's how the 3.4T comes. (Hope the G70 is not like that).

Salesman who works there trying to bull crap me. One thing I did like assuming he was telling me the truth, is that even though it has the Electric Retractable Side Mirrors, if I hit the edge of my garage, or brush against the mirror, it will still retract without breaking. We pushed mirror back and forward and it worked, but we did not run Car to test if it really retracts electrically. (He may have lied).

Learned not to believe a thing he said when he told me the G80 3.3T has two batteries. One in the trunk and one under the hood. I said "show me". Looked in trunk and yes, a large battery is next to the spare tire. Same as a previous Genesis I once owned. Looked under the hood and he says "it's under that cover". I said "show me". Popped the cover and found the Fuse Box! Whispered to the other salesman "I won't believe a thing he tells me". (Some Mercedes and perhaps others have a second battery to run accessories when stop/Start feature stops engine at intersections, but I knew the 3.3T does not have this feature.) Salesreps will do anything to sell a car. (Lies, etc.)

Yes, I like a powerful car, but not with that (ugly) Rose colored Chrome. (Yes, I know - "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder") (One mans meat, is another mans poison).

·
Registered
313 Posts

That "Rose Colored Accented Chrome" looks TERRIBLE. Visited my local dealer today. Although I'm really interested in the G70, ( which has not been introduced) I took a look at the G80 3.3T (Sport). The
Rose Colored Chrome on the Grill and door looks terrible. That's how the 3.4T comes. (Hope the G70 is not like that).

Salesman who works there trying to bull crap me. One thing I did like assuming he was telling me the truth, is that even though it has the Electric Retractable Side Mirrors, if I hit the edge of my garage, or brush against the mirror, it will still retract without breaking. We pushed mirror back and forward and it worked, but we did not run Car to test if it really retracts electrically. (He may have lied).

Learned not to believe a thing he said when he told me the G80 3.3T has two batteries. One in the trunk and one under the hood. I said "show me". Looked in trunk and yes, a large battery is next to the spare tire. Same as a previous Genesis I once owned. Looked under the hood and he says "it's under that cover". I said "show me". Popped the cover and found the Fuse Box! Whispered to the other salesman "I won't believe a thing he tells me". (Some Mercedes and perhaps others have a second battery to run accessories when stop/Start feature stops engine at intersections, but I knew the 3.3T does not have this feature.) Salesreps will do anything to sell a car. (Lies, etc.)

Yes, I like a powerful car, but not with that (ugly) Rose colored Chrome. (Yes, I know - "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder") (One mans meat, is another mans poison).
Another thing the salesperson lied to me about. I mentioned that I don't like LED headlights. I like HID or Quartz Halogen headlights. His WRONG answer was that HID or QH get hot, causing the housing lens to Fog up and that you need to polish the housing to clean them up. (He either lied or is uninformed).

The housing fogging up is caused by sunlight UV rays of cars sitting in the sun too much.

IDIOTS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another thing the salesperson lied to me about. I mentioned that I don't like LED headlights. I like HID or Quartz Halogen headlights. His WRONG answer was that HID or QH get hot, causing the housing lens to Fog up and that you need to polish the housing to clean them up. (He either lied or is uninformed).

The housing fogging up is caused by sunlight UV rays of cars sitting in the sun too much.

IDIOTS.
I don't like LEDs as well. Love HIDs on my Genesis.

LED's don't get hot and in a snow/ice storm they don't melt the ice.

Possible major problems.

The Law of unintended consequences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts