Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light is on. I took it to a parts store and was told the code came up as a problem with the torque converter lockup solenoid?. Has anyone had this issue? I have a ton of miles, over 200k with the job I have. Just curious!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Need exact DTC in "Pxxxx" format..

Lock-up solenoid not a code we see,, I think we had 1 yrs ago, assist said put solenoid in it I think, and if DTC returned, replace the trans (we use Hyundai Re-Man)

·
Registered
56 Posts
My trans is getting to fourth and then will go back to third and stay there, two codes, 00734 + 0735, which means the converter isn't locking up. And it physically feels Ty that way after clearing and cycling ignition I can get it to stay in fifth as long as I stay above 40mph, below that it goes to third and then cruise control also stops working....any idea?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
It' slipping in 4th, TCM see this via ratio between input shaft speed and output shaft speed, and default to 3rd..

We wont let you have cruise due to bum info in the PCM and TCM circuits

34 = incorrect 4th gear ratio,, 35 = incorrect 5th gear ratio.. we refer to hem as "slip" codes.. likely into transmissin replacement

Reactions: MNV33
1 - 4 of 4 Posts