Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toronto Hyundai has very bad service! I bought my car there....they are good in sales and will give you a good deal. Just don't go back for service.

I have a 2010 ELANTRA TOURING GLS Sport 5 Speed Manual. Within a week of getting the car, it sometimes would not start. I'd turn the key back and try again and it would crank and crank, eventually after fiddling with the key and trying several times, it would finally turn over. This was a real pain!
I took it back to them and the mechanic ran a Diagnostic and told me a code came up concerning the ignition immobilizer. He reset it and said he hoped it would do the trick but to come back if it continued.

It did continue...often. Took it back and then they told me no diagnostic code. The mechanic didn't fill out the paperwork properly the first time so I didn't have a record of the first code. He told me to take the key out and try it a few times as they didn't know how to fix it. I went back several times with the same issue and was given the run around. Told that Hyundai didn't have a fix...nothing they could do. Service desk people told me they couldn't find anything wrong. Months go by...still a problem.

I book an appointment to go back again for an oil change and for the same starting issue. Then they tell me they won't shuttle me to work when they did the last time. Suddenly I’m not in their shuttle area even though I told them on the phone I needed a shuttle when I booked the appointment. The female service manager was very abrupt and rude. So now I had to get to work and find somewhere else to get my vehicle fixed. I asked them to correct my service record since the mechanic did not write things down. They refused but said that he probably wrote it on their copy and it was filed "offsite". They promised to provide me a copy...I bugged them a couple of times but they never did.

I ended up going to Thornhill Hyundai...what a difference! The mechanic there knew exactly what I was talking about and fixed my car very quickly. (for those interested, the antenna was too far away from the key hole so the chip signal wasn't being read all the time. This guy just shimmied the antenna closer and no problems since!)

Also a thing too look out for when getting service....make sure they actually lube your hinges! its part of the oil/lube/filter change. They didn't do it at Toronto Hyundai or Thrornhill. Plaza Hyundai was the first to actually do it! :liebe011: Guys.

I don’t have a comment about Plaza yet. Only went once. They seemed good. Except they didn’t give me a copy of the point inspection attached to the receipt. Will ask for that when I go back in.

If anyone has any other service recommendations I would love to hear them!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Richmond Hill good for buying and service , Auroa pretty good for service, Newmarket all around crappy IMO.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
For anyone in the East End...King's Cross Hyundai not great for service, Agincourt Hyundai is brand new and they seem way better...the problem with Kings Cross is one of the front desk guys is very condescending and doesn't know anything about cars because my dad took his 2010 Accent in for an oil change and said there was something bumping and making noise in the suspension, my dad thought it was the sway bar, and the guy at the front desk said "well it's a low end car, you can't expect it to be perfect"....what kind of customer service is that???! Anyways turns out that the sway bar was loose LOL. And when I took my 2010 Accent in it was the same guy working and I told him that my steering was creaking and groaning oddly, so he said let's take a drive first off this guy didn't know how to drive standard....and then when he hears the noise I'm talking about, he asks me "do you have an aftermarket exhaust?" what does my exhaust have to do with the steering column?? Obviously he was looking for someone/something to blame and it ended up being a loose driveshaft bolt, but the noise still comes back, but that's a whole separate story....anyways that's my little rant for now lol thanks for the info on Toronto Hyundai, I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
QUOTE (graham89 @ Apr 19 2011, 06:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=432839
For anyone in the East End...King's Cross Hyundai not great for service, Agincourt Hyundai is brand new and they seem way better...the problem with Kings Cross is one of the front desk guys is very condescending and doesn't know anything about cars because my dad took his 2010 Accent in for an oil change and said there was something bumping and making noise in the suspension, my dad thought it was the sway bar, and the guy at the front desk said "well it's a low end car, you can't expect it to be perfect"....what kind of customer service is that???! Anyways turns out that the sway bar was loose LOL. And when I took my 2010 Accent in it was the same guy working and I told him that my steering was creaking and groaning oddly, so he said let's take a drive first off this guy didn't know how to drive standard....and then when he hears the noise I'm talking about, he asks me "do you have an aftermarket exhaust?" what does my exhaust have to do with the steering column?? Obviously he was looking for someone/something to blame and it ended up being a loose driveshaft bolt, but the noise still comes back, but that's a whole separate story....anyways that's my little rant for now lol thanks for the info on Toronto Hyundai, I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon...
Just an update about this...I had an issue with Kingscross and it is now resolved, I wrote this when I was a little agitated, but I am now satisfied with their service...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought from Kingcross and it's been the biggest mistake from day 1!
Their service manager is not accommodating what soever. I've had a problem with my car since day 1. It's been in 6 times with no resolution. Hyundai Canada has not been helpful until I had canadian automobile arbitration involved.
Currently my car was damaged while getting service, their service manager said sorry it's a public parking lot we are not responsible.

Word of advice, move along to another Hyunda dealer, do not deal with this dealer because they don't care or understand about customer service.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought from Kingcross and it's been the biggest mistake from day 1!
Their service manager is not accommodating what soever. I've had a problem with my car since day 1. It's been in 6 times with no resolution. Hyundai Canada has not been helpful until I had canadian automobile arbitration involved.
Currently my car was damaged while getting service, their service manager said sorry it's a public parking lot we are not responsible.

Word of advice, move along to another Hyunda dealer, do not deal with this dealer because they don't care or understand about customer service.

:eek: holy **** i just bought mine at kingscross hope it wont happen to me

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Moved to Good Guy/Bad Guy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
My experience with Don Valley North Hyundai was pretty awful. I was coming off a lease (elantra), which was about to end in Aug 2011. 0% finance, 30 Cents off per litre gas card, and free sports package w/ Accent caught my eye at the end of May, so I checked it out. Dealer told me on the last dayk of May that starting June, the automotive industry will no longer have 0% financing. Like a fool, I believed and signed the papers for the accent after work.

Paid a little extra for A/C and was told the car came with tints & power locks/mirrors. Picked up the car several days later, and there was none of the aforementioned. There was a severe thunder storm, so I just rushed to the car and drove off. The salesperson even told me my car came with all of the above as he was handing me the keys. Called him on my way home and he told me I misunderstood. He said that my car does have tempered glass, which is the same thing as tinted glass. Seriously?

The tints and power locks/mirrors are not a big deal, but I paid for the A/C, so I demanded for that. Took them 3 months to get the a/c, by then, summer was largely over.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I purchased my 2010 elantra in Hamilton on ( mountain Hyundai ) what a bunch of jokers in the service department. My horn stopped working so I brought it in for repair 3 times as they just Jerry rigged it to work again each time. Took my car to Woodstock Hyundai and do far they've been great. Friendly, smart and not to bad for service time and they did replace the horn as well as a few other needed parts for free.
I decided to purchase my 2012 limited Santa fe there also

·
Registered
5 Posts
No services yet but I had a mostly positive sales experience at Burlington Hyundai. The salesman Jeff was attentive and patient and his salesman tactics felt as if they were at least a part of his personality.

The after purchase pressure from the Finance guy was a different story. While the salesman spent all his time trying to sell a Honda owner on the reliability and quality of Hyundai over what it was 10-15 years ago, the finance guy spent 45 minutes essentially trying to scare us into buying his expensive after market protections and warranty by telling us the opposite. That wasn't positive.

While we said no on the protections I told him that I wasn't 100% sure if we'd go with an extended warranty and that if we changed our minds we'd tell him when we signed the final papers. Subsequently in some email follow ups (where he tried to sell me a third party extended warranty that was "Better than Hyundai's") I told him that we were likely going to pass on the extended warranty.

When we picked up the car, the finance guy wasn't there so somebody else took care of us. I signed the original invoice again and when I went to sign the loan papers they didn't match. When I looked further, the finance guy had not only put in an extended warranty, but the most expensive warranty, something we had never discussed. It was removed no issue, but it left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

So pressure financing guy aside (and we went through something similar with Honda back in 2008 without the iffy ending), the sales experience was solid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts