Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well wow, that was way more complicated than I expected. The internal bolts were practically impossible to reach and took awhile until I figured out how to reach it.

Broke two studs on the turbo and had to be replaced, but everything fit perfectly in the end. About to take it out for a test drive!

Attachments

Reactions: Ray604

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starting to shape up well. Thanks for these updates. I wonder how far tuners will take this engine. Its kinda got me excited.
I'm having a shop take a look at the vehicle for leaks right now, but this downpipe is the last part other than the tork pipe that still needed to be installed. After this, I'll run some dynos and see if I reached the ECU limit before proceeding with the tune.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Exhaust leaks are annoying but a good shop should be able to sort that out quickly for you. I had nothing but trouble many years ago after I took my g35 into a dealer for servicing and 1 of the lot boys cracked a pipe.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exhaust leaks are annoying but a good shop should be able to sort that out quickly for you. I had nothing but trouble many years ago after I took my g35 into a dealer for servicing and 1 of the lot boys cracked a pipe.
Found the leak! Apparently, OEM gasket did not seal the rear flange on the down pipe and had to be replaced with aftermarket gasket. Now it sounds perfect without odd ticking/whooshing sound and noticing serious improvement in acceleration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts