Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
Just had my i10 for over a month now and seems to be working great, except that the temperature was running a little high after a few long journeys. Just to be on the safe side - I checked the coolant levels on the tank. When I referred to the manual, it directed me to the engine coolant reservoir and to look at the L and F markings. I noticed that the level was just above the L.
My question is - where do i fill the coolant? The reservoir has a cap on it, which I would assume is where I top up it up but the manual is quite confusing as it mentions safety precautions to take with the radiator cap which is on the right hand side of the engine.
Any ideas??
Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
The cap on the radiator is presumably for when bleeding the system. Open the cap on the resivoir (when engine is cool) and top up to 'F'.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would also check the level every day to see that it is not going down again and keep checking the temperature as well. If it does go down and/or the temperature is still on the high side, then back to your dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts