Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Sonata non-turbo. I was curious what the top speed of the car is? Is there a governor to limit top speed? Finally, if anyone has reached the top speed, what does it feel like; does the car handle ok? I have reached 90 during a pass but that's about it.:cool:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
115ish out on I-70 in western Kansas two years back....no problems.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've had my 2.4 at 125 on the alley and it was beautiful. No drama.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I did 110 a couple weeks ago just because I hadn't pushed my car that far yet and I probably won't again. No need for it. Safety first

·
Registered
328 Posts
Cant really say much about handeling since I wasnt really weaving or anything but you are going at a high rate of speed so I couldnt imagine the handeling to be that good. The biggest thing I noticed was the road noise from the tires increased depending on the tread on your tires, brand, and also the speed rating.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Turbo guy here. I did 153 on the interstate and it was still pulling, my cars lowered and It handled extremely well but like anything it is touchy at those speeds. Once and done never do that again.
Thought I'd mess with u guys here lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
Car and Driver has the top speed 130 MPH for the 2.4 and 150 MPH for the 2.0T. There is no speed governor, THANK YOU HYUNDAI!

·
Registered
45 Posts
110 driving from Phoenix to LA about a month ago. Total time was around 4 and a half hours. You do the math.

120 just a few days ago on the freeway around L.A. and there was some traffic around, also the stretch of freeway was bendy.
The steering is too light, and the aerodynamics of the car are set towards comfort and efficiency, so it feels like it's hovering. It feels way too disconnected from the road. In other words... ludicrously dangerous.
I typically drive around 80; driving beyond that speed, it becomes more of a chore and no fun.
I wouldn't suggest going more than a 100, and ONLY to overtake.
These are no sports cars. They may be powerful etc etc but they are NOT high performance vehicles.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sfr tuned I was able to hit 159 going down hill 5 % degrade but not enough power to push anymore in 6th gear I was slowing down lol on a 2.4.

·
22,788 Posts
If I was 50 years younger, it wouldn't have bothered me to consider doing 115-125 mph. I was going to live forever, then! I find that age has a way of "slowing you down!"

·
Registered
687 Posts
I think the fastest I've been is around 80-85. I had to get around a log truck that was slinging crap over everyone's vehicle.

·
Registered
328 Posts
2.0 터보;1827177 said:
Car and Driver has the top speed 130 MPH for the 2.4 and 150 MPH for the 2.0T. There is no speed governor, THANK YOU HYUNDAI!
I believe there is a speed governor set around 130-135 depending on year

1 - 20 of 26 Posts