Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, I want to upgrade to remote lock and I can't explain much and I'm sending pictures below. Hope pictures speak louder than words.

Is that connector for remote lock wirimg harness? Please explain about on the uses of that connector and does it relates and have any purposes for the use of remote lock? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,366 Posts
Is that connector for remote lock wirimg harness?
That's factory wiring and your car doesn't have factory remote locking, so it can't be the connector for remote lock wiring harness.

Thang Tons said:
Please explain about on the uses of that connector and does it relates and have any purposes for the use of remote lock? Thanks.
You don't need to do anything with that connector when installing a remote locking system.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Friends, I want to upgrade to remote lock and I can't explain much and I'm sending pictures below. Hope pictures speak louder than words.

Is that connector for remote lock wirimg harness? Please explain about on the uses of that connector and does it relates and have any purposes for the use of remote lock? Thanks.
Did you buy a remote kit yet?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No ..I have not bought it yet.

But also I've been struggling to find solutions on videos on internet.

One particular videos shows :
the car comes factory central lock fitted. All they did was just make a tapping on the wires of the driver's door switchs/connector corresponding to the lock and unlock position with the wires coming from the remote control unit of the remote system. This is done only on driver's door. After tapping, they test with remote key and everything works perfectly.

Surprisingly no such a single actuator were used for the functioning of the remote central locking!!!

I want to install myself to my best the remote locking to prevent unnecessary extra wiring harness and maintain minimum defects, scratch, etc. on the car.

Looking forward for your assistance. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,366 Posts
the car comes factory central lock fitted. All they did was just make a tapping on the wires of the driver's door switchs/connector corresponding to the lock and unlock position with the wires coming from the remote control unit of the remote system. This is done only on driver's door. After tapping, they test with remote key and everything works perfectly.
The car in that video must have already had an actuator inside the driver's door to move the lock. Unfortunately, many Hyundai cars do not meaning you need to install one and the wiring required to power it.

·
Registered
13,366 Posts
Sir, can I do tapping on the pins of the wires from the BCM which corresponds to the lock or unlock wires coming from the door latch switch connector to activate the remote lock or unlock system.
You can...if your car already has an actuator (electric motor) inside the driver's door.

If your car doesn't have an actuator you will need to install one and wire the output of your remote locking unit to the actuator.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sir, I found the following information.

1. Connector with 4 wires of the door latch of the driver's door.

2. Wire of the output connector of the BCM which only lock all doors.

Now, interesting part. In particular to case no.2 above,
I join one end of testing light to the wire(positive) of the output bcm connector while the other end to ground(-ve). Thereafter, all doors locked automatically.

But, im confused how to unlock all doors as I couldn't locate the corresponding wire for unlocking all doors. Or I'm in working in wrong harness output BCM??? If such wire for unlock is found, definitely we are on the verge of finishing installing remote lock.

Sir, would be highly keen to know how to set up remote lock system. And any info on locating the correspinding pin numbers for lock or unlock function will be a quick access to set up this system.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sir,

Yes, I join one end of testing light to the dark green colour of the output BCM connector and the other end to negative ground. All doors including driver's door locked automatically. Picture attached herewith.

Now, interesting part.
1.How to find unlock wires of the output BCM connector notice that the lock wire has been located on the same output connector?

2.How to locate lock and unlock wires on the input side of the BCM connector as this input side has more pins and similar colour codes than the output?

With due regards and once again awaiting your best solutions and advise. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,366 Posts
I assume you have probed all the other wires on the two BCM connectors with you test light, and haven't been able to find a wire that unlocks the doors?

As I explained in my reply to your recent PM, there doesn't necessarily need to be a lock and an unlock wire. Sometimes both functions are performed using a single wire. Maybe that's why you can't find an unlock wire using the test light.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, sir, the wire which locks all doors is on the output connector of the BCM.( I guess I'm on the output BCM connector since joining the wire locks all doors regardless of whether doors are opened or closed, and please correct me if I'm wrong.) Picture attached herewith.

Yes, I joined one end of test light to the dark green wire of the output BCM connector and the other to ground Which locks all doors.

And again, I joined one end of the test light to the yellow/black wire of the output BCM connector and the other end to ground too, which then unlocks all doors.

Am I in right output BCM connector, and if I'm wrong, how to find lock and unlock wires on the input BCM connector.?

Very much grateful and really appreciated your concerns on this issue and hope you may kindly guide me until the installation is finished.

With due regards, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,366 Posts
dark green wire... locks all doors.

yellow/black....unlocks all doors.
Great, each function has it's own control wire. That makes wiring up the remote locking box a little easier.

Thang Tons said:
Am I in right output BCM connector, and if I'm wrong, how to find lock and unlock wires on the input BCM connector.?
I don't think it really matters on your car whether you connect to the input side of the BCM or the output. That would only becomes significant if the car has a factory alarm system which yours does not.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sir, to be on the safer side, please help me locate the correct wires on the input BCM connector...

And, assuming that the control wires of the remote control unit are connected to the said wires of the output BCM connector, will any current interference arises if accidentally I press the lock or unlock key which sends pulses to the said wires and at the same time sending signal manually by physically movie the lock handle on driver door.

I would like to also connect the remote locking in full set with the alarm system too in particular.

Thanks.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Also, the dangerous case...and for security purposes. "All doors can be locked or unlocked even if any of the 5 doors remains opened.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13,366 Posts
Wiring the windows isn't that difficult. You will need to route at least two wires into the drivers door for that though.
Does the car have electric windows front & rear or only on the front doors?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, all windows are electrically operated up and down by their respective switches on each doors.

The driver door has got a master control switches to operate all windows too.

Also, only the driver window rolls up and down automatically when the switch is push up and down fully. This interesting particular function is not available to other windows. Can it be applied or make wiring harness to other windows too so that just pushing the switches button up and down on each doors rolls windows automatically?

And, sir, I guess wiring harness for open or close windows are also located on the input BCM connector.

Once again, awaiting your help. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wiring the windows isn't that difficult. You will need to route at least two wires into the drivers door for that though.
Sir the remote control unit is yet to arrive in 4 days time.

Please help me with the connections wiring harness for auto close windows.
Thanks.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

SEARCH IN THE CURRENT
AND SHOW ME
Thang Tons
Join: May 2018

Aug 05, 2018 · #1
To remote lock

Attachments

AUTOSPARK
Join: Nov 2014
Mentions: 97
Scotland, UK.

Aug 05, 2018 · #2
Thang Tons said:
Original Post
Is that connector for remote lock wirimg harness?

That's factory wiring and your car doesn't have factory remote locking, so it can't be the connector for remote lock wiring harness.

Thang Tons said:
Please explain about on the uses of that connector and does it relates and have any purposes for the use of remote lock? Thanks.

You don't need to do anything with that connector when installing a remote locking system.
grcauto
Join: Jul 2018
Mentions: 9
Flint, MI USA

Aug 05, 2018 · #3
Thang Tons said:
Original Post

Did you buy a remote kit yet?
Thang Tons

Aug 05, 2018 · #4
No ..I have not bought it yet.

But also I've been struggling to find solutions on videos on internet.

Surprisingly no such a single actuator were used for the functioning of the remote central locking!!!

I want to install myself to my best the remote locking to prevent unnecessary extra wiring harness and maintain minimum defects, scratch, etc. on the car.

Looking forward for your assistance. Thanks.

AUTOSPARK
Scotland, UK.

Aug 05, 2018 · #5
Thang Tons said:
Original Post

The car in that video must have already had an actuator inside the driver's door to move the lock. Unfortunately, many Hyundai cars do not meaning you need to install one and the wiring required to power it.
Thang Tons

Aug 29, 2018 · #6
Sir, can I do tapping on the pins of the wires from the BCM which corresponds to the lock or unlock wires coming from the door latch switch connector to activate the remote lock or unlock system. Pictures attached herewith.
Attachments

AUTOSPARK
Scotland, UK.

Aug 29, 2018 · #7
Thang Tons said:
Original Post
Sir, can I do tapping on the pins of the wires from the BCM which corresponds to the lock or unlock wires coming from the door latch switch connector to activate the remote lock or unlock system.

You can...if your car already has an actuator (electric motor) inside the driver's door.

If your car doesn't have an actuator you will need to install one and wire the output of your remote locking unit to the actuator.
Thang Tons

Sep 02, 2018 · #8
Sir, I found the following information.

1. Connector with 4 wires of the door latch of the driver's door.

2. Wire of the output connector of the BCM which only lock all doors.

Now, interesting part. In particular to case no.2 above,
I join one end of testing light to the wire(positive) of the output bcm connector while the other end to ground(-ve). Thereafter, all doors locked automatically.

But, im confused how to unlock all doors as I couldn't locate the corresponding wire for unlocking all doors. Or I'm in working in wrong harness output BCM??? If such wire for unlock is found, definitely we are on the verge of finishing installing remote lock.

Sir, would be highly keen to know how to set up remote lock system. And any info on locating the correspinding pin numbers for lock or unlock function will be a quick access to set up this system.

Thanks in advance.
Thang Tons

Sep 05, 2018 · #9
Sir,

Yes, I join one end of testing light to the dark green colour of the output BCM connector and the other end to negative ground. All doors including driver's door locked automatically. Picture attached herewith.

Now, interesting part.
1.How to find unlock wires of the output BCM connector notice that the lock wire has been located on the same output connector?

2.How to locate lock and unlock wires on the input side of the BCM connector as this input side has more pins and similar colour codes than the output?

With due regards and once again awaiting your best solutions and advise. Thanks.
Attachments

AUTOSPARK
Scotland, UK.

Sep 07, 2018 · #10
I assume you have probed all the other wires on the two BCM connectors with you test light, and haven't been able to find a wire that unlocks the doors?

As I explained in my reply to your recent PM, there doesn't necessarily need to be a lock and an unlock wire. Sometimes both functions are performed using a single wire. Maybe that's why you can't find an unlock wire using the test light.
Thang Tons

Sep 07, 2018 · #11
Ok, sir, the wire which locks all doors is on the output connector of the BCM.( I guess I'm on the output BCM connector since joining the wire locks all doors regardless of whether doors are opened or closed, and please correct me if I'm wrong.) Picture attached herewith.

Yes, I joined one end of test light to the dark green wire of the output BCM connector and the other to ground Which locks all doors.

And again, I joined one end of the test light to the yellow/black wire of the output BCM connector and the other end to ground too, which then unlocks all doors.

Very much grateful and really appreciated your concerns on this issue and hope you may kindly guide me until the installation is finished.

With due regards, thanks.
Attachments

AUTOSPARK
Scotland, UK.

Sep 07, 2018 · #12
Thang Tons said:
Original Post
dark green wire... locks all doors.

yellow/black....unlocks all doors.

Great, each function has it's own control wire. That makes wiring up the remote locking box a little easier.

Thang Tons said:

I don't think it really matters on your car whether you connect to the input side of the BCM or the output. That would only becomes significant if the car has a factory alarm system which yours does not.
Thang Tons

Sep 07, 2018 · #13
Sir, to be on the safer side, please help me locate the correct wires on the input BCM connector...

And, assuming that the control wires of the remote control unit are connected to the said wires of the output BCM connector, will any current interference arises if accidentally I press the lock or unlock key which sends pulses to the said wires and at the same time sending signal manually by physically movie the lock handle on driver door.

I would like to also connect the remote locking in full set with the alarm system too in particular.

Thanks.
Thang Tons

Sep 07, 2018 · #14
Also, the dangerous case...and for security purposes. "All doors can be locked or unlocked even if any of the 5 doors remains opened.

Thanks.
Post Edited
Last edited by Thang Tons - Sep 07, 2018 - Reason: Update
Thang Tons

Sep 09, 2018 · #15
Yes, finally got order this remote locking unit which which be arriving shortly. This unit comes with auto close windows.

And, sir you got to help me again with the wiring harness for auto close af all windows when the car is locked.

Thanks.
Attachments

AUTOSPARK
Scotland, UK.

Sep 09, 2018 · #16

Thang Tons

Sep 10, 2018 · #17
Yes, all windows are electrically operated up and down by their respective switches on each doors.

The driver door has got a master control switches to operate all windows too.

Also, only the driver window rolls up and down automatically when the switch is push up and down fully. This interesting particular function is not available to other windows. Can it be applied or make wiring harness to other windows too so that just pushing the switches button up and down on each doors rolls windows automatically?

And, sir, I guess wiring harness for open or close windows are also located on the input BCM connector.

Once again, awaiting your help. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
13,366 Posts
I guess wiring harness for open or close windows are also located on the input BCM connector
Again, I'm not familiar with your particular model of car but generally on Hyundai cars the windows are completely separate from the BCM.

Post the wiring instructions for your remote unit when it arrives and I'll try to advise you on how to wire the windows to it. If your buying the one you posted the picture of earlier I doubt that will be able to operate the windows directly. There doesn't appear to be enough wires on the connector to accommodate central locking and electric windows. You might need a separate interface to close the windows.

I'm sure there is probably an aftermarket kit you could fit to make all the windows work in a "one touch" fashion, but personally I think it would be more trouble than it's worth.

1 - 20 of 622 Posts