Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

I am looking at a 2000 Accent GS 2 door hatchback, 5 spd, 87,000kms, no features. The seller is asking $4000 CAD for the car. I am wondering what your guys opinions are on this car, and if it is worth the money. I am a student I can't really afford to sink much money into car repairs, so I am looking for something that will last me a couple of years without much trouble.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi even though Im in Australia....

I too have a GS 2000mdl Accent! I say go for it if you think the price is right! I paid $12,000 with $2000+ worth of extra's already included!!
Mine had 35,000km on it!

I have had a blast with it!

Do it Showcow!

·
Registered
51 Posts
As you can see to the left, I have a 2001 GS. I love the car, and so far I have gotten no major trouble from her. I paid $6000 with 14,000 miles (?#kms) on it almost two years ago. I think $4000 is about the going rate now, but I would have a quick look over at http://www.kbb.com to see if that price is right for how many miles are on it. If the previous owner has taken good care of the vehicle, then it should do you just fine, with no worries. By the way, my car now has over 45,000 miles on it, and the last 31,000 have been worry free. Also, since the one you are looking at is a 2002, it will still have the warranty with it. Good car, good warranty, can't ask for anything better. Oh yeah, and decent gas mileage too, since it has almost no horsepower, and weighs in at just over a ton. If you get it, I don't think you will be dissapointed. Just as long as you aren't looking for something that will outrun everything on the road.

B)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I own a 2000 hyundai accent GS sports, auto with factory body kit, excellent hyundai cd player. I upgraded from a dreadful excel and haven't looked back since, it's been a great little car, and the new sofware and added features of auto headlights, euro styled interior light, rain sensing wiper with a speed sensor and reprogramable alert tones, these features have enhanced my vehicle.

My advice buy it, but not at $4000 dollars some on the second hand car lots are priced at 11,000 for 90,000 kilometres :mellow:

·
Registered
2 Posts
As you can see to the left, I have a 2001 GS. I love the car, and so far I have gotten no major trouble from her. I paid $6000 with 14,000 miles (?#kms) on it almost two years ago. I think $4000 is about the going rate now, but I would have a quick look over at http://www.kbb.com

I'd like to thank you for giving the kbb.com site I was worried about buying this used Accent which I pick up on friday, and, if I was paying too much from the Hyundai dealership (mind you I have dealt with the service dept. before and they were always just awesome people, helpful, and, sometimes saving me some megga dollars) so went to the link, and read reviews and, found out I priced out well, because I am paying cash, I asked the dealership to throw in snow tires and rims and cruise and they said okay, so my price includ. tax will be 10,693.00 So I feel better knowing I'm not paying too much. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hi babe!.....no way I`m calling you `Showcow`!.

The Accent sounds fine @ $4KCDN. on 87 clicks, IF it`s got a full Hyundai service history (all stamps in book).......if it hasn`t walk away & find one that has!.

A good Accent is a sound buy, good quality, nice looking & fun to drive. Reliability is outstanding... if it`s been looked after!.
Nick. :)

Johnc...........WTF does this mean? :-
"My advice buy it, but not at $4000 dollars some on the second hand car lots are priced at 11,000 for 90,000 kilometres".

...........She should pay more already??. B)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts