Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced stock hankook 215 55/17 stock tires on my 2009 sonata v6 limited, with Yokohama S.Drive 225 55/17 on stock Limited rims, Wow what an improvement!!

Does anyone have any recomends for a non crome lighter than stock 17 inch rims to replace my stockers?

·
Registered
261 Posts
OP, would you please write a little about the differences you mentioned? Also, Any fitment issues with 225/55? What about MPG, speedo error etc?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
QUOTE (foobld @ Aug 30 2010, 11:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353190
Just replaced stock hankook 215 55/17 stock tires on my 2009 sonata v6 limited, with Yokohama S.Drive 225 55/17 on stock Limited rims, Wow what an improvement!!

Does anyone have any recomends for a non crome lighter than stock 17 inch rims to replace my stockers?
:00000732:

Here you go...

I like the BBS RGR... expensive, but light. Otherwise the Enkei PF01. And why the 225/55? IIRC, it should make your spedo more inaccurate (spedo will be faster than actual speed).

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE (riceR @ Aug 31 2010, 01:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353325
:00000732:

Here you go...

I like the BBS RGR... expensive, but light. Otherwise the Enkei PF01. And why the 225/55? IIRC, it should make your spedo more inaccurate (spedo will be faster than actual speed).

I think it's the other way - 225/55 are larger than the stock 225/50 or 215/55 - so the 225/55 would travel more distance per rev than stock, making the car faster than what's on the speedo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (spex @ Aug 31 2010, 12:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353279
OP, would you please write a little about the differences you mentioned? Also, Any fitment issues with 225/55? What about MPG, speedo error etc?
I havn't had the tires long enough to notice a mpg change, the improvements I have noticed is hard cornering is much better and traction in the rain is much much better (I live north of Seattle so I get allot of rain)
I went with a 225/55 because of a bigger footprint especially in the rain. Plus I found allot more tire options at 225 vs 215. The fitment on the stock limited rims fits fine and it looks better to. I'll post more after I put some miles on them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE (foobld @ Aug 31 2010, 09:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353455
I havn't had the tires long enough to notice a mpg change, the improvements I have noticed is hard cornering is much better and traction in the rain is much much better (I live north of Seattle so I get allot of rain)
I went with a 225/55 because of a bigger footprint especially in the rain. Plus I found allot more tire options at 225 vs 215. The fitment on the stock limited rims fits fine and it looks better to. I'll post more after I put some miles on them.
Thanks OP, how about some pics - side profile.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
QUOTE (spex @ Aug 31 2010, 03:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353340
I think it's the other way - 225/55 are larger than the stock 225/50 or 215/55 - so the 225/55 would travel more distance per rev than stock, making the car faster than what's on the speedo.
one way or the other right? :p
thanks for the correction! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well an update on the new yokohama S.Drive tires I put on my car......The good - Outstanding grip in dry and wet (even in a Seattle down pour with standing water on the freeway!!) Hard Cornering is also outstanding with these tires!! They seem to be quiter than the stock hankooks to!
Now the bad (from my point of view) After 1000 miles on these tires the MPG dropped from 31-33 mpg Hwy to 19-21.5 mpg Hwy. Since I commute 80 miles to work and home daily, this MPG drop is not good on my wallet. So instead I am going to Try Continental extreame contact DWS 215 55/17. The Dws's wheigh 21lbs per tire instead of the S.drives 28lbs per tire. I'm hoping freeing up 7lbs of unsprung wheel wheight at each corner of the car will make a improvement in MPG, and still get great grip from the Conti's
Time will tell......

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Wasn't aware one can return a set of tires after using them..... How long can one use them for before returning?

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (mamamia @ Sep 7 2010, 01:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354854
Wasn't aware one can return a set of tires after using them..... How long can one use them for before returning?
How can some Bed places let you return a Bed?

I see you can return Firestone/Bridgestone Tires within 1000 miles or 30 days. I'm sure this goes for other brands as well?

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Sep 7 2010, 01:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354861
How can some Bed places let you return a Bed?

I see you can return Firestone/Bridgestone Tires within 1000 miles or 30 days. I'm sure this goes for other brands as well?
Good to know.... I will check next time when shopping for new tires (which won't be before another year, so it seems)...

·
Banned
335 Posts
Try this place when you think of buying. My Pilots are cracking, and they are over 5 years old now. Plenty of tread. Only 24K on them.

Just picked up 4 BF Goodrich G Force Sports for $340 Tax Free with Rebate. Can't return these I would think. How does the Internet do it?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QUOTE (mamamia @ Sep 7 2010, 02:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354854
I bought these tires from Discounttiredirect.com and like their stores they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on all tires they sell, in fact you can actually go into the store to exchange. Some of you in the mid west and east coast know discount tires as America's Tires I think. It seems like for the service you get a fair price. I'll post later about the new tires. I should have them on the car by Friday.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (foobld @ Sep 7 2010, 09:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354948
I bought these tires from Discounttiredirect.com and like their stores they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on all tires they sell, in fact you can actually go into the store to exchange. Some of you in the mid west and east coast know discount tires as America's Tires I think. It seems like for the service you get a fair price. I'll post later about the new tires. I should have them on the car by Friday.
I almost ordered from them but they wanted $80 more as they were not participating in the rebate. I just read their policy and they will be happy to

accept your new Tires back, as long as you didn't drive on them. I'm sure they can tell?

"Discount Tire Direct wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are not pleased with the merchandise that you receive, or you have simply changed your mind, we will provide you with a refund within 30 days of the date of purchase. Please take a few minutes to read the following guidelines and instructions to make sure this is processed correctly.

You Must Call to Make Arrangements for Return

•The name the merchandise was purchased under must be written clearly on the Package/Label.
•Tires must not be driven on (used).•Wheels must not have been driven on or mounted on the vehicle (used).
•All merchandise must be properly packaged. Packing material is available upon request.
•Please do not ship via the U.S. Postal Service.
•For your protection, it is recommended that the merchandise be insured during shipping.
•Please make sure the return address is clearly written on the package and the label."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Sep 7 2010, 11:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354958
I almost ordered from them but they wanted $80 more as they were not participating in the rebate. I just read their policy and they will be happy to

accept your new Tires back, as long as you didn't drive on them. I'm sure they can tell?

"Discount Tire Direct wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are not pleased with the merchandise that you receive, or you have simply changed your mind, we will provide you with a refund within 30 days of the date of purchase. Please take a few minutes to read the following guidelines and instructions to make sure this is processed correctly.

You Must Call to Make Arrangements for Return

•The name the merchandise was purchased under must be written clearly on the Package/Label.
•Tires must not be driven on (used).•Wheels must not have been driven on or mounted on the vehicle (used).
•All merchandise must be properly packaged. Packing material is available upon request.
•Please do not ship via the U.S. Postal Service.
•For your protection, it is recommended that the merchandise be insured during shipping.
•Please make sure the return address is clearly written on the package and the label."

Thanks for the heads up. Well I guess lucky me that they were so freely and ready to violate their own policy. It does sound strange that they would let you return or exchange only if you don't drive on the tires??? (how is that possible??)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts