Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tucson has the 19" wheels and Kumho Crugen tires. What do you guys think of these tires' performance/traction? I have found it to not be very good but I don't know if its the tires or that the 1.6 engine just has so much torque. If I start up from stop too fast I'll get some front wheel spin. This is more pronounced on wet roads.

Tire Rack reviews rate the Crugen Premium 245/45x19 as good but I'm not so sure about that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
These Kumho Crugen tires I had and got rid of them, they suck. I purchased a set of Michelin Primacy and they are very nice.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My Tucson has the 19" wheels and Kumho Crugen tires. What do you guys think of these tires' performance/traction? I have found it to not be very good but I don't know if its the tires or that the 1.6 engine just has so much torque. If I start up from stop too fast I'll get some front wheel spin. This is more pronounced on wet roads.

Tire Rack reviews rate the Crugen Premium 245/45x19 as good but I'm not so sure about that.
It's the tires, same happens to me even with the 17s and 2.0L engine/TC auto. It even happens on dry surfaces if I'm too spry off the line with the throttle.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the tires, same happens to me even with the 17s and 2.0L engine/TC auto. It even happens on dry surfaces if I'm too spry off the line with the throttle.
But your tires aren't the Crugens. I'm not sure if they use Hankook or another Kumho model but I think the Crugens are only for the 19". Maybe all the Kumho tires aren't that good? I have not heard a lot of good things about the Kumho Solus either.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We didn't experience the traction problems you spoke about on my wife's Tuscon. Frankly, I was amazed that we've gotten over 35k out these OEM tires. But, alas they are coming off this weekend and being replaced by Continental DSW06's. I'm looking forward to seeing how much handling and ride improve with these tires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
These Kumho Crugen tires I had and got rid of them, they suck. I purchased a set of Michelin Primacy and they are very nice.
What is your opinion of the noise of the Michelin over stock? I found the stock tires to be very loud.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
My car came stock with 19" wheels fitted with Continental ContiSportContact SUV tires - they have good traction and did not get them to spin when taking off (mind you, I have the DCT so it doesn't allow me to drop the clutch at maximum torque to verify this).
For my winter wheels I went with Nokian WR SUV3 on 17" rims and I did experience wheels slipping at a standstill if the asphalt doesn't have good grip - even though I have the AWD version.

So in this case my money's on the tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts