Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get All Weather (not all season) tires for my 2017 SE. Currently have 195/50/16 .Having trouble finding them anywhere. I found lots with 195/55/16 but not sure if I should use this size.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
I want to get All Weather (not all season) tires for my 2017 SE. Currently have 195/50/16 .Having trouble finding them anywhere. I found lots with 195/55/16 but not sure if I should use this size.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The 55 is the ratio of the side wall height in percentage to the width of the tire.
The 195/55 would work great. It'll be just a tad taller in the side wall but that's it.
Hope this helps. 馃憣

Registered
I've been running on the 195/55/R16 tires for over two years now. I was on a road trip and thought I had enough tread left before leaving to finish the trip. Didn't make it. So, had to buy new tires and the 195/55s were all I could find where I was at. Since I couldn't drive much further, I had to get them.

They are just fine, although I think they throw the odometer and gas mileage off just a bit (less miles clocked). Well, that's what my GPS reports anyway, although I had never checked with the original tires.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
The 55 is the ratio of the side wall height in percentage to the width of the tire.
The 195/55 would work great. It'll be just a tad taller in the side wall but that's it.
Hope this helps. 馃憣
thanks for the info.
So I assume my 50 aluminum rims are not a problem mounting the 55's?

Registered
I would go with RFT, that's all I've been using for a decade +, real life savers, I would never go back to regular tires.

Tirerack.com

Registered
thanks for the info.
So I assume my 50 aluminum rims are not a problem mounting the 55's?
Correct.
The 195/55/17 tires will fit with no problems.
But like @mreedelp mentioned it will have a slight effect on the speedometer and mileage. It would be minimal though.
If this tire is all you're finding then don't hesitate to buy them.
You'd rather buy a popular tire than a one off and spend much more.
Good luck and let us know how it goes. 馃憤

Registered
185/55/16 is another option.... closer to the stock size diameter, and just a tad narrower

Another option is to locate 14" or 15" wheels and a matching diameter size to see if there are better options

No room for a dedicated set of snows?

Reactions: misnblu

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
185/55/16 is another option.... closer to the stock size diameter, and just a tad narrower

Another option is to locate 14" or 15" wheels and a matching diameter size to see if there are better options

No room for a dedicated set of snows?
Thanks for the advice but I don't want to change rim sizes. Have an engineer friend at GM and he says it can mess up your suspension etc. I have read otherwise but I will stick with stock or as close as possible.

Registered
Thanks for the advice but I don't want to change rim sizes. Have an engineer friend at GM and he says it can mess up your suspension etc. I have read otherwise but I will stick with stock or as close as possible.
Not to be mean but you're GM engineer friend better rethink his education because changing rim/ wheel sizes does not mess up a suspension. 馃檮馃え
Again not to be mean and don't take it personal but after 40 years of building cars of many manufacturers, I've never had a bad experience changing to different wheels (wheels is the correct term whereas a rim is the edge of the wheel馃槈) if different sizes and offset.
Like anything you have to be smart and choose the appropriate +1 size and offset and no problem.

I've always had a thing for so called engineers because they may have the paper claiming it but most have no real world experience with their actual field.
'Steps off stool'
Ok. Sorry about the rant and good luck to you @thezeeman333. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Not to be mean but you're GM engineer friend better rethink his education because changing rim/ wheel sizes does not mess up a suspension. 馃檮馃え
Again not to be mean and don't take it personal but after 40 years of building cars of many manufacturers, I've never had a bad experience changing to different wheels (wheels is the correct term whereas a rim is the edge of the wheel馃槈) if different sizes and offset.
Like anything you have to be smart and choose the appropriate +1 size and offset and no problem.

I've always had a thing for so called engineers because they may have the paper claiming it but most have no real world experience with their actual field.
'Steps off stool'
Ok. Sorry about the rant and good luck to you @thezeeman333. 馃憤
Hey no problem at all. I appreciate your comments.

Registered
And why I would never buy a new GM product!!!!! Too many idiot engineers that don't have a clue.

BTW, hasn't the Accent come with different wheel sizes depending on year?

Reactions: misnblu

Registered
The base Accent RB for all years came with 14 inch rims.. The optional rims were 16 inch, and the factory spare (standard equipment in Canada) comes on a 15 inch rim.

I have the 16 inch rims (195/50R16). My snow tires are mounted on 14 inch rims (185/65R14). I swap them back and forth every spring and fall with no ill effects :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
And why I would never buy a new GM product!!!!! Too many idiot engineers that don't have a clue.

BTW, hasn't the Accent come with different wheel sizes depending on year?
I have the 2017 SE which comes with standard 195/50/16 on aluminum rims. Your right about GM products.. never again. They are the best at breaking down after the warranty has expired. I had 5 GM's and they all started breaking down after the warranty period was over. Forget about the extended warranty.. high deductible and doesn't cover much.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
The base Accent RB for all years came with 14 inch rims.. The optional rims were 16 inch, and the factory spare (standard equipment in Canada) comes on a 15 inch rim.

I have the 16 inch rims (195/50R16). My snow tires are mounted on 14 inch rims (185/65R14). I swap them back and forth every spring and fall with no ill effects :)
Something to consider.. thanks.

Registered
You run 205/55 on an Accent hatchback? Is your speedo off at all and how does it ride?
I'm running the same.
205/50/R15 with Yokohama S1 summer tires. 馃槏
Yeah speedo is off but really don't care. For me it helps with the gearing for the better.
The smaller circumference helps lower the gearing for a bit better acceleration through the gears.
The ride is amazing but I'd say it's mostly the tires as I've got summer tires with a lot of grip which helps the handling.
I really don't drive the car much so Inwent with summer tires rather than something with high mileage capabilities. 2500-3500 miles a year and see what I mean. 馃槈
Here's what they look like and their profile.
EE42941C-2D0A-4F5F-9DC9-85E0B359C1C6.png F1CF8A41-AC03-4FFB-BEFB-1FB814ED9D43.png

1 - 20 of 23 Posts