Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to get a full size alloy wheel and tire for $20!
Mine are 205 65 16 and the Kia wheel is 205 55 16...would there be any issues? Even the tire is in very Good (Year) shape! thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Am curious how the ABS and speed sensor would handle the difference. What happens is the rims /tire are not rotating at the same speed and you could get intermittent vibration at certain speeds on the highway. Had this happen as I ran 55s in the front for extra sidewall protection and 50s in the rear on a set I got cheap for winter tires. Apparently, this is harmonic modulation from what a Google Search brought up :)

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TVM to all, does the spare tire well allow for a full size tire?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
No the wheel well doesnt have room for a layflat floor. If you dont care about the trunk then it fits. And you don't want to run one mismatched wheel on an axle regardless of how much you saved on it. If the rim matches your current set then I would get a pair. But I would not run that 55/16 with a 65/16 on the same axle full time.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tire is a spare or a temporary...are you Mr. Obvious? >:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.