Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Hyundai Elantra with low profile tires/wheels. I recently noticed a crack in the side wall of my front drivers side tire, and almost every 3 days my tire pressure monitor says my tire is low.

Is there anything i can do to fix it in any way besides getting a new tire?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's not possible to patch a sidewall from what I understand, the resulting tire would not be safe.

Tire monitors eh? Nice. What trim line do you have to go to to get those?

·
Registered
37 Posts
QUOTE (tdaniels000 @ May 28 2010, 08:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327308
I have a 2008 Hyundai Elantra with low profile tires/wheels. I recently noticed a crack in the side wall of my front drivers side tire, and almost every 3 days my tire pressure monitor says my tire is low.

Is there anything i can do to fix it in any way besides getting a new tire?
Cracks are normally seen in "Old" or abused tires (Tires left out in the direct sunlight for LONG periods).
Check your tires manufacture Webb site and learn how to read the Date Code to tell how old the tire is, it may have been sitting way to long before you bought it.
If so you might be able to get the dealer that sold you the tires to give you a discount on a replacement set.
As to correctly fixing the current problem..... Sidewall fixes are not really recommended, sorry, :mad:

Yuma,

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can't repair tire side walls so the tire will have to be replaced. If you purchased these tires recently you may be able to go back to where you bought them and get it replaced under warranty.

As stated above "old" tires will experience this issue and if I remember correctly tires have approximetly a 5 year shelf life before they start to deteroriate. I knew someone who purchased some BFGoodrich Touring T/A's a few years back and a year later two of the tires would not pass a safety inspection because they were cracked all over.

Good luck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts