Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do the tire rotation on my Tucson. This is the first vehicle I've owned with AWD and TPMS so I'm not exactly sure what tire rotation pattern I should follow.

In the past, with FWD vehicles, I've always done, Front Left to Rear Left, and Front Right to Rear Right. A coworker was telling me that on AWD vehicles this pattern wont suffice. Also, he mentioned that because the vehicle has TPMS, I would have to reset the TPMS in order for it to recognize the new locations post rotation. Does the owner's manual have any information on this? I'm at work and can't check right now.

Can anybody here with knowledge on this topic please chime in and provide their feedback.

Thanks.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I’ve always done back crossed to front like a typical FWD vehicle. Never any issues with TPMS recognizing the altered tire locations.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I would do the RF to RR, LF to LR and LR to RF and RR to LF, this cris-crosses the rears when going to the front. Do not do this if you have directional tires! If you have directional they can only go front to rear and rear to front, no cris-cross. The TPMS on our Santa Fe does not specifically identify the tires individually, I'm guessing your Tuscon is probably the same, so you won't have a problem with the TPMS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They told me at Hyundai to go LF to RR, RF to LR, LR to LF and RR to RF. So, criss cross the the fronts to the back and push the rears straight forward.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They told me at Hyundai to go LF to RR, RF to LR, LR to LF and RR to RF. So, criss cross the the fronts to the back and push the rears straight forward.

Thank you all for your feedback. I checked the owner's manual and it shows the same as you have posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
Doesn't matter as long as you're crossing one axle to front or back it'll still accomplish the same result. Each tire will serve in all four positions within three rotations.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does the Tucson have Sensor based or ABS based TPMS? Trying to wrap my head around how the TPMS recognizes where the new tire locations are when doing a tire rotation?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Does the Tucson have Sensor based or ABS based TPMS? Trying to wrap my head around how the TPMS recognizes where the new tire locations are when doing a tire rotation?
They’re sensor based, (according to Rock Auto) so it must do a relearn after rotation. Doesn’t require any settings input from you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts