Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2019 Sante Fe Ultimate and probably needing to replace tires soon. Anyone have any good recommendations? I am in New Jersey so doing well in snow/rain would be a consideration. Thanks - Tom

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
898 Posts
Go to tirerack.com, get one with good rating.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I use Hurcules Raptis R-T5'S on my Wrx. They're an awesome type for a great price.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2019 Sante Fe Ultimate and probably needing to replace tires soon. Anyone have any good recommendations? I am in New Jersey so doing well in snow/rain would be a consideration. Thanks - Tom
Tell us how much you want to spend for a Set Of 4?
There's a ratings & $$ difference between value-priced Kumho's and upper-end Michelins.

Tell us your direction.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tell us how much you want to spend for a Set Of 4?
There's a ratings & $$ difference between value-priced Kumho's and upper-end Michelins.

Tell us your direction.
I have the 19s so I was trying to stay under $1,000 if possible.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
471 Posts
Michelin Cross Climate 2 or Pirelli Scorpion Verde. I will be replacing the OEM tires with either of these....Most likely the Michelins when they go on sale at Costco.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I like Michelins too .....Defenders LTX M/S

235 /55 R19 105H XL BSW are $212 at Discount Tire here in Michigan.
Might be a few dollars beyond $1k out-the-door.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just replaced the OEM with Scorpion Verde AS II , after comparing all across the board these were the best choice.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just replaced the OEM with Scorpion Verde AS II , after comparing all across the board these were the best choice.
What are your thoughts about them thus far compared to the Hankooks?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I bookmarked what you bought pnwkona - ratings are solid / strong....... thanks.
I'll deliberate on which to buy in another year-or-so. The Michelin Defenders I like are about $20 more per tire.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What are your thoughts about them thus far compared to the Hankooks?
I have looked at Hankook over the years but honestly would not consider them , I looked at Continentals, Michelin, Toyo, Yokohama
Yokohama with the new Geolander but still not there as for overall reviews supporting there tire
So long search for about half the year decided on the Pirelli

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L AWD
60 Posts
I have looked at Hankook over the years but honestly would not consider them , I looked at Continentals, Michelin, Toyo, Yokohama
Yokohama with the new Geolander but still not there as for overall reviews supporting there tire
So long search for about half the year decided on the Pirelli
I think what FishRamLion and the rest of us would like to know is now that you have the Pirelli's what are you finding out about them relative to noise, handling, etc....I think we thought that you had a Hyundai SantaFe TM. Hankook DynaPro2 were the OEM's for most of us. If not what car did you put the Pirellis on and what were the original OEM's that you had. That is the comparison that we would like to hear about. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
294 Posts
I think what FishRamLion and the rest of us would like to know is now that you have the Pirelli's what are you finding out about them relative to noise, handling, etc....I think we thought that you had a Hyundai SantaFe TM. Hankook DynaPro2 were the OEM's for most of us. If not what car did you put the Pirellis on and what were the original OEM's that you had. That is the comparison that we would like to hear about. Thanks
The '19 I test drove had Continentals, but when I purchased my '20 a couple months later it had the Hankooks. Good chance he could have the Continentals.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Correct. Was looking for the driving impression. I assumed Hankook because, for the most part, that's what everyone has. The Continentals are pretty rare.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
90 Posts
I got mine with the continentals, so far so good, quiet and seems to handle the heavy rains very well, about 16.5K on the speedo, maybe it's a southern thing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
898 Posts
Conti for me too. They are ok, but for sure HTRAC masked off some deficiency.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I use Hurcules Raptis R-T5'S on my Wrx. They're an awesome type for a great price.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Hi all,

Thanks to Covid, I still have lots of tread wear left on my 2019 Ultimate. No need for all weather tires in SoCal, we never get snow and it hardly ever rains. All my other vehicles have been shod with tires as recommended by my preferences in either Tire Rack or Tires Direct.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Essential
209 Posts
I've driven on many different tires, cheap, mid level and expensive and have noticed very little difference in them. Maybe it's me but when I read tire reviews I just kinda laugh.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
294 Posts
I've driven on many different tires, cheap, mid level and expensive and have noticed very little difference in them. Maybe it's me but when I read tire reviews I just kinda laugh.
Let me tell you about the tire experience with my 2015 Elantra Sport. The car came with Hankook Optimo H426's and they were so bad I replaced them after only 12,000 miles. Not because they were worn, they had loads of tread left, but because they were absolutely horrible tires. While they were quiet, they were terrible in the rain and even worse in the snow. They were okay on dry pavement, but even then I always felt as if I was fighting the car when it came to cornering or navigating uneven surfaces. You know how your steering is designed to self-center if you let go of the wheel (like when coming out of corners). Those Hankooks were so bad I would have to physically straighten the wheels after turns in neighborhoods. I replaced them with some Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06's and it was like I was driving a totally different vehicle. In every aspect they were superior to the Hankook. Especially when it came to cornering behavior. The steering felt so much lighter and far more responsive to my inputs. I should also mention that the difference in price of those 2 tires is only $15 per tire. You may have been fortunate to have never had such a bad tire on any of your vehicles, but in my 38 years of driving I have run the gambit of having some incredible tires and some truly terrible tires. As for tire reviews, I only rely on professional reviews since the average person generally can't do any amount of cross comparisons. Consider that any decent new tire will be better than the worn tires you replaced so that doesn't help with average consumer reviews either. Tire Rack reviews (not the ones by customers, but the ones they do themselves) have never let me down. The only benefit of consumer reviews is that they may reveal a glaring weakness that a majority of owners are having issues with.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts