Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Sonata Limited has 60K with OEM tires. Any recommendations? Leaning towards Michelin Priamcy MXV4 94V.
What about Kumho or Hankook that dealer is selling? Never heard of those brand before.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
My 2011 Sonata Limited has 60K with OEM tires. Any recommendations? Leaning towards Michelin Priamcy MXV4 94V.
What about Kumho or Hankook that dealer is selling? Never heard of those brand before.
Kumho OEM on many Sonatas. Some drivers hate them for poor weather traction.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I put GoodYear ComforTreds on mine (17" wheels) right after I bought it. My car rides much quieter now than it did with the stock Kumhos.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
there are like 50 threads regarding tires for this car...doesn't anyone take the time too look? the car has been out now for 4 years...nearly EVERYTHING has been addressed at some point - ESPECIALLY TIRES!

using search function, 'tire recommendation' resulted in 14 threads in .25 seconds. take off 'recommendation' and you get 20+ pages of threads pertaining to the word 'tire'

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm putting those Michelins on tomorrow

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have a 2011 LTD also.

That is exactly what I replaced my Kumho tires with about a year ago. I have no issues at all,,, quiet and nice ride, tire wear has been great.....

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
there are like 50 threads regarding tires for this car...doesn't anyone take the time too look? the car has been out now for 4 years...nearly EVERYTHING has been addressed at some point - ESPECIALLY TIRES!

using search function, 'tire recommendation' resulted in 14 threads in .25 seconds. take off 'recommendation' and you get 20+ pages of threads pertaining to the word 'tire'
Like very other forum out there. The administrators usually consolidate these replications.

B

·
0 Posts
We're extremely happy with the Bridgestone Turanza Serenities we put on our '11 Limited.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Prior to buying my Azera, I had a 2011 Sonata. I changed the tires to the same Michelin's. Very happy with them!! Much better than the original tires. Considerably more quiet and made for a noticeably better ride.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just purchased a set of Ecopia 422's for my 2012 Sonata.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Timely info (rebate expires 10/31)

Cooper CS5 Grand touring
225/60R16
$410 installed
rebate $60
net 350

anyone ride on these tires?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I always hear good reviews about the Conti DWS, but there's no size that will fit the Sonata. The Bridgestone Turanza is worth considering also. These tires offer dependable traction, low noise and decent tread life.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I always hear good reviews about the Conti DWS, but there's no size that will fit the Sonata. The Bridgestone Turanza is worth considering also. These tires offer dependable traction, low noise and decent tread life.
I have these on my wifes Limited. Third season. They are doing great and wearing well. Lots of snow last winter (second season) and she said they did well. Not perfect with some slippage but she said if you drive like a normal human being and not like you (me) you will be fine.

I am the nutcase in the fresh snow blazing a trail as I hate driving bumper to bumper in one lane while all the fools play brake hockey. Ill take my chances out in the fresh not packed scare everyone else powder. :grin2:

·
Registered
2015 Sonata 2.0T Sport Limited
104 Posts
Timely info (rebate expires 10/31)

Cooper CS5 Grand touring
225/60R16
$410 installed
rebate $60
net 350

anyone ride on these tires?
I just bought some of these for my GLS; haven't had them mounted yet. Waiting on the rebate on them.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I just bought some of these for my GLS; haven't had them mounted yet. Waiting on the rebate on them.
Got my rebate debit card in 4 weeks, submitted online.

tires are much quieter than oem kumho

1 - 20 of 24 Posts