Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for new tires for our '04 Santa Fe GL. We are fulltime RVers and tow our car behind our motor home (lube pump installed) and have recently noticed more noise than usual coming from the rear. A mechanic showed me that the rear tires are "cupped"....a problem resulting from the rear sway as the car is towed. He did check the suspension and said it is tight, so the towing factor seems to be at fault. We want a tire that can give us good gas mileage, treadwear and relatively quiet....and not too expensive. Can we expect cupping with any tire?
Thanks for the input from this forum.

Joe Henry

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
A good place to start is www.tirerack.com which many enthusiasts use.

I just got a set of BFGoodrich Advantage T/A's, size 235/60-16 for the wife's '07 Tucson, which will also fit my '01 Santa Fe. I had them shipped directly to a local Express Oil Change (after prearrangeing with the shop) and mounted there. Total cost for these premium touring tires with mounting, shipping, a 60K mile warranty and road hazard coverage was around $580 total. We are very satisfied with the tires. Wet and dry traction is great, and they are smooth and quiet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts