Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the rire are covered by any warranties at all have 4600 km inside side wall blew out

·
Registered
548 Posts
I get the feeling that most people around here just don't care that Hyundai provides them with a nice set of warranty pamphlets, litigation information, and two versions of the owner's manual, not to mention a complete booklet of maintenance scheduling....

...*sigh*...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jul 25 2010, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344657
I get the feeling that most people around here just don't care that Hyundai provides them with a nice set of warranty pamphlets, litigation information, and two versions of the owner's manual, not to mention a complete booklet of maintenance scheduling....

...*sigh*...
i would get it out of the car if the car was in my yard i was asking the question because the wife has the car out of town and has had a problem.But excuse me you bother you

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (nb canada @ Jul 25 2010, 05:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344665
i would get it out of the car if the car was in my yard i was asking the question because the wife has the car out of town and has had a problem.But excuse me you bother you
Suuuuuuure... and yes, the tires are covered for manufacturing defects. If you hit a pothole or nail or something, you're SOL. Just take it to the dealer and they'll tell you if you're covered.

Oh yeah, and if you want a VERY specific answer, just go to tirerack.com, put in your model and trim, look up the OE tire manufacturer and go to their website to see their warranty information. Since you haven't posted what trim you drive, it's either Hankook or Kumho.

Oh, and you should also know that periods are a very valuable asset within the sentence structure. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
932 Posts
I worked for Goodyear back in the late 80's early 90's. The information I'll post is based on the state of industry at that time. But I doubt it's changed much.

First, totally disregard whatever the dealer tells you. The tires are handled by a separate warranty and the dealer will not handle the warranty claim. They will smile at you and tell you that it sure looks like a warranty problem, but, you need to take it to a tire dealer to make a claim.

The tire dealer will then examine the tire. The odds are about 10 million to 1 that it will really be a warranty claim. They are going to find some road hazard damage to the tire that caused the blowout. They are not trying to cheat you, they are just doing their job.

A small puncture will cause air pressure loss. Loss of pressure will cause the rim to eventually start rubbing and wearing out the inner liner on the tire. It also lowers the load capacity of the tire and starts generating more heat. The combination of the two is what causes the blowout.

Bottom line, you're buying a tire.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Warranty is through Kumho, so visit a authorized Kumho dealer. Unless your dealer had a tire / wheel warranty package, then the dealer will deal with all warrany including damage such as hitting pot hole and what not. You would have had to buy the warranty though. I have it on my Sonata and most Canadian dealer has the warranty.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (nb canada @ Jul 25 2010, 05:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344655
does anyone know if the rire are covered by any warranties at all have 4600 km inside side wall blew out
How about some details? It all depends why it 'blew out'.

·
Registered
717 Posts
99% you are SOL. They are a wear item and in your case unless you pay for that dumb warranty you will have to buy a new tire.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Jul 25 2010, 11:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344750
How about some details? It all depends why it 'blew out'.
A very good point. While I agree he is probably buying a tire, not sure the whole story is in place quite yet. If your wife hit anything what-so-ever, its not warranty. IF (big IF) she didn't it will probably be covered. I personally have not had a tire just fail. There has always been an extenuating circumstance of running over something or hitting something.

Nothing like a nail in the sidewall of an expensive tire three days old to really ruin a day. :whistling:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Jul 26 2010, 12:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344856
A very good point. While I agree he is probably buying a tire, not sure the whole story is in place quite yet. If your wife hit anything what-so-ever, its not warranty. IF (big IF) she didn't it will probably be covered. I personally have not had a tire just fail. There has always been an extenuating circumstance of running over something or hitting something.

Nothing like a nail in the sidewall of an expensive tire three days old to really ruin a day. :whistling:
the rest of the story the wife had just turned off the highway was at the end of the ramp at a stop sign turn left went 200 feet and the inside side wall blew out .the caa tire guy that came to change the tire had told her that was the second tire in 2 days on a 2011 sonota that has had a inside sidewall blow out that he has went out to.Today the dealer for kumo tire has agreed that it was covered and replaced the tire

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (nb canada @ Jul 26 2010, 04:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344956
the rest of the story the wife had just turned off the highway was at the end of the ramp at a stop sign turn left went 200 feet and the inside side wall blew out .the caa tire guy that came to change the tire had told her that was the second tire in 2 days on a 2011 sonota that has had a inside sidewall blow out that he has went out to.Today the dealer for kumo tire has agreed that it was covered and replaced the tire
/story. glad it turned out well for ya!

·
Registered
46 Posts
QUOTE (nb canada @ Jul 26 2010, 04:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344956
Glad they took care of you, but that is very concerning. Tires shouldn't blow out on a brand new vehicle without cause. Not sure if all the 2011 Sonatas have the same tires, which model/tires do you have?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (dudeman135 @ Jul 26 2010, 06:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344969
Glad they took care of you, but that is very concerning. Tires shouldn't blow out on a brand new vehicle without cause. Not sure if all the 2011 Sonatas have the same tires, which model/tires do you have?
gls modle
kumho tires 265 65 16's can't remeber the tire modle number right off hand

·
Registered
486 Posts
>>>>Today the dealer for kumo tire has agreed that it was covered and replaced the tire>>>

Good news,, They can't say no unless you ask, and sometimes the answer is YES. Glad it worked out for you.

Did anyone let you know what the retail cost of the replacement tire was?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (snapper41 @ Jul 26 2010, 11:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345040
>>>>Today the dealer for kumo tire has agreed that it was covered and replaced the tire>>>

Good news,, They can't say no unless you ask, and sometimes the answer is YES. Glad it worked out for you.

Did anyone let you know what the retail cost of the replacement tire was?
no and i didn't ask the cost i was just glad they replaced it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts