Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since I don't have an owners manual and I don't know how long it will take for my permanent registration to arrive so I can have the VIN added to my myhyundai account, I have to ask is this the correct way for the pressures to be displayed, i.e., grayed out (I had been driving on the interstate resulting in the elevated numbers)?

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
PSI number increases when the tires are in use as it gets hot.
You just have to make sure when you start the car in the morning it has a reading that is reasonable close to what's recommended on the door jamb sticker which is probably 32

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think the OP is asking if the color/vividness of the actual PSI numbers in the picture is normal. They appear gray whereas all the other text is white.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
since I don't have an owners manual and I don't know how long it will take for my permanent registration to arrive so I can have the VIN added to my myhyundai account, I have to ask is this the correct way for the pressures to be displayed, i.e., grayed out (I had been driving on the interstate resulting in the elevated numbers)?

The display is grayed out, but is more visible if you increase the rheostat setting to make the lighting brighter.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It is my understanding that when a problem exists (over or under inflation) the display for that individual tire is brighter. I really don't have a desire to test it though seeing as you have to drive it for several blocks before it displays the pressure.

RB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: another member provided me a link to a PDF version of the owner manual and I searched for TPMS; this is what I found:

Section 3, page 3-89: Low Tire Pressure - This warning message illuminates if the tire pressure is low with the ignition switch or the Engine/Start Button in ON position.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mine are all white on my 2015 2.0 and reading 35 psi. Not really sure why all yours are greyed out. Strange.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,601 Posts
Mine are a lighter gray when in range.
I picked up a nail a couple months ago and slow leak developed, pressure dropped about 2 psi a day. I always check the tps in the first mile or so of my am drive. I let it go and on the second day it was down 4 psi and by the time I was headed home from work it was about 5 low, the tire indicator came on, and on the tps the left front showed a brighter psi # of 30psi vs the other 3 at 36 psi which is where I like to keep my tires.
Stopped at my local tire shop and there was a small finishing nail in it. After repair and a 1/2 mile drive the tps adjusted to show all at 36 and they dimmed to a light gray again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts