Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The system was working OK now it is completely dead. The system is set to psi and is that the only setting? If one tire monitor dies will the whole system not show up when you bring it up in the center screen in the instrument cluster? The SUV has 4,000 miles on it. Any ideas will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
What do you mean by "dead?" Noting on the display? Just dashes where the sensor values should be or a totally blank display with nothing present?

You can change it to KPS or whatever the metric equivalent is via the menu I believe.

If a tire sensor fails it will set off a warning light and / or show up as a blank spot or dashes.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use to have a tire pressure display, now there is nothing displayed, it's as though it's not installed in the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
OK.....You do know that you can scroll through items there via the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel, right? Sounds crazy but I have seen customers who were not aware and scrolled to someplace and then had no clue how they got there.

If so and nothing at all shows up as you scroll then the display is obviously not working.

Side story.....At one time GM offered their display in MANY languages, includes various Asian / Oriental. You chose the language from the menu. You guess it. Had many customers who somehow managed to change the language to something totally foreign and once there....It was a challenge for even us to try to reset it. You almost had to have a like vehicle parked next to it in English so you could see by the layout of the display what was being presented to help guide you back to where you could reset it to English....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was working fine the last time I checked my tires while driving about a week ago. The other day I checked and it's not even showing up and I'm not getting a warning light. It's just went on vacation some where. I called Hyundai and my lady service writer that has always taken care of me when I had my XG said just stop by and she'll take a look at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts