Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide their experience or comments on the following tires, which I am considering as replacement. I had almost decided on the Continentals until I read reviews on the Pirellis.

Continental PureContact (w/EcoPlus) Grand Touring All-Season
Pirelli Centurato P7

The Pirellis seem to have slightly better reviews and are slightly less expensive.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got exact same Conti's since July. Absolutely amazing.

I went from OEM 16's to these 18's and the ride is noticably softer and very quiet. Just goes to show you how bad OEM's were. Grip and cornering are amazing but that is not a fair comparison as I went two rim sizes up and 20mm wider. These are part of their DWS family just not performance but comfort ride.

Original tires were Kumho KH25.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This weekend I'm going to have my new Pure contacts installed on my 2011 Sonata. I chose the Pures because of their better wet road performance( if you go by the testing at Tire Rack). I decided to give up a little ride comfort for a safer tire. The Pirellis don't have long track record in the reviews, so the rating might change as more miles are put on the tire. That being said I believe the Pirellis's probably give a smoother quieter rice.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
I have the Pirelli P4 on my Elantra and they are great tires especially in rain and light snow. The P7 are essentially the newer model and I would expect similar performance. Best place to look for reviews is tirerack.com

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edit to the above: I have read reviews of these tires on TireRack, but wanted to get input from any of you guys that have either of these.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This weekend I'm going to have my new Pure contacts installed on my 2011 Sonata. I chose the Pures because of their better wet road performance( if you go by the testing at Tire Rack). I decided to give up a little ride comfort for a safer tire. The Pirellis don't have long track record in the reviews, so the rating might change as more miles are put on the tire. That being said I believe the Pirellis's probably give a smoother quieter rice.
did you get these installed? how is the noise level from driving?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts