Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hii,guys i thought i would finally post some of the small mods i did on my white 2013 hyundai accent :) . i tried to keep it as stock as possible and cheap as possible haha .let me know what you guys think thanks and if you guys have any question feel free to ask :).

here are the list of mod that i did

1.HID (6k) and all white LED added in interior and licence plate
2.K&N Filter
3.Removed "Accent" and "Hyundai" Emblem
4.Added a Car DVR
5.Added Red "GDI" logo
6.Added Rally Armour Mud Flaps

Upcoming
1.Red Value Stem CapsRed 4 Piece Hexagonal Anodized Aluminum Ventil Valve Stem Caps for Wheels D | eBay
2.Twin Chrome Exhaust tailpipe add-on1pc Twin Chrome Exhaust Tailpipe Tail Pipe Tip Muffler End Trim Fit for Focus | eBay
Pictures of the front and other mod will be posted soon :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks nice. Good to see more people modding their Accents in the GTA. :)

Were there any holes when you removed the Hyundai emblem?

You should get your windows tinted this summer. :) I got mine done for $180.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice!! I am thinking of getting the RA mudflaps too. Are those the UR ones? How do you like them so far? Was it hard to install?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@Xoxiin ya I really need to get my window tinted soon, yea there were 2 holes when the emblem is removed but I used 2 white tape to covered it , you can hardly see it even up close :)

@total90 yea they are the universal BASIC mud flaps cost only 15.99 and with tax and delivery only 30 bucks . Took about 1 hour because have to manual measure the holes since they don't come with predrill ones . And the accent has 2 bolts on the side for the flaps but I'm thinking about adding a third one to the Centre to fully secured.and Yes I Do Love Them So Far They Look Amazing Took only 2 days to delivery to my house haha

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like that exhaust tip, any idea if it just clamps over? Does anyone here have a custom exhaust tip on their Accent?

·
22,793 Posts
Looks great. Window tint will put it over the top and look fantastic against that white background.

I've always thought this new Accent design offers a lot of potential for modders to "have at it...no holds barred."

Something you need to know: Mods start cheap. But they begin to add up. As more and more of the lessor expensive mods are added, you're left with the Big Ticket items. Good luck turning away from those temptations. Better start saving now!

·
Registered
73 Posts
That exhaust tip is going to look *removed*. The nice this with the Accent exhaust is its almost hidden. If you add that tip to the exhaust, its going to point towards the ground.
To each their own, I personally like the look of a dual exhaust tip sticking out the back over an exhaust that's totally hidden.

And regarding the angle, duh. You'd buy one that juts out at an angle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@EvanK i will be getting the exhaust tip this week, wait for my update with that ,i will post lot of pictures and answer your question about the installation process :)

@OkieRich ya i know what you mean im already starting to look at more things i can add on to the accent haha

@JoshNHRA im not sure what you mean but add on tip is made for car with curved exhaust and putting it on will make the exhaust stick out and not towards the ground

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah, it's too bad that diffuser doesn't come in a single-sided variant. It would look very ricey in the winter with exhaust only coming out one side.

And no, that strut tower brace bar won't work with the Accent. The strut tower of the Accent only uses one bolt and the Veloster uses the standard 3.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
finally both my red valve cover and exhaust tip arrived on the same day hooray! i will be posting picture on how it look on the car soon. first impression is its quite heavy ,it is made with entirely of steels and it feel really solid.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Finally

sorry guys this add on exhaust took a lot more work than it seems. haha man picture are updated on the first page take a look and tell me what you guys think!

EDIT: i actually don't know how to edit my first post @[email protected] i guess i will post it here

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
did you have to cut off part of the original exhaust? because the bolt on that i bought doesn't fit.
yep i have to cut it off ,thats why it took awhile for me to post these picture. its held down by 3 rivets, i had a saw to cut the original exhaust tip off before installing this. btw i have a question i wanted to add For Hyundai Accent Veloster 1 6 1 6L GDI Air Intake 2011 2012 11 12 Blue | eBay will this work for the 2013 accent? thanks.

this is the part that had to be cut off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts