Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone succeeded in getting a tint waiver for your state. I live in Jersey and tint is banned from front windows, and limited in the rear without a doctors note.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Never heard of that for New Jersey. That sucks. I've seen plenty of cars fully tinted with Jersey plates here in Florida, so it might not always be enforced up there.

My tint is too dark in the front per our state, but I have yet to be pulled over and get mean looks by cops when I drive by. Our cars are very non-threatening lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I live in Jersey too. I have 5% on the rear and 20% on the front windows and haven't had many issues. I have had the tint for almost a year.

The only issue i ever had was when i was pulled over for making an illegal U-turn by an officer i didn't know was following me. He said i drew his attention by having full tint on my car, but he wasn;t going to pull me over until i made the illegal turn. Luckily, i had my card on me and no harm was done. :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Has anyone succeeded in getting a tint waiver for your state. I live in Jersey and tint is banned from front windows, and limited in the rear without a doctors note.
I've had one before. Got a note from the eye Dr saying I'm light sensitive. Took it to the DMV/MVA or whatever they call it in different states, and a state trooper filled out a paper with the vehicle info and some other stuff. They stamped it and signed it. Then I was good to go. I used it quite a bit too!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Jersey too. I have 5% on the rear and 20% on the front windows and haven't had many issues. I have had the tint for almost a year.

The only issue i ever had was when i was pulled over for making an illegal U-turn by an officer i didn't know was following me. He said i drew his attention by having full tint on my car, but he wasn;t going to pull me over until i made the illegal turn. Luckily, i had my card on me and no harm was done. :)
So you do have a waiver card? And btw i just bought the exact same 17" sparco rims. They look awesome on your car. Just waiting for the salt to go away before we install them

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had one before. Got a note from the eye Dr saying I'm light sensitive. Took it to the DMV/MVA or whatever they call it in different states, and a state trooper filled out a paper with the vehicle info and some other stuff. They stamped it and signed it. Then I was good to go. I used it quite a bit too!!!

I thought the eye sensitivity only worked if you had blue eyes? But I was punched in the eye over the summer and scratched my cornea. Im gonna try and use this for my excuse lol. Do you think the tint really improves the look?

·
Super Moderator
3,773 Posts
A friend of mine had a lot of problems with his eyes a while back, he ultimately needed cornea transplants. At the time, he was able to get a waiver from the state for tint. Law was 35 sides/rear, can't remember what he ended up with but it was at least 20. And of course the authorities never hassled about the tint. ^_^

·
Registered
175 Posts
I do NOT have a waiver card. sorry about that. Just was stating that the offciers around me in South Jersey don't pull over for tint, but it will draw their attention to check for other reasons to pull you over.

P.S. Haha thats cool! Yeah, they held up pretty well this very snowy winter. Just a word of advice, get some matte black auto pain pen from a local auto store in case you scracth up the rim. It works great! You can't even tell the difference! any scratch (even small ones) really bothrered me because they showed up very clear even from a distance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do NOT have a waiver card. sorry about that. Just was stating that the offciers around me in South Jersey don't pull over for tint, but it will draw their attention to check for other reasons to pull you over.

P.S. Haha thats cool! Yeah, they held up pretty well this very snowy winter. Just a word of advice, get some matte black auto pain pen from a local auto store in case you scracth up the rim. It works great! You can't even tell the difference! any scratch (even small ones) really bothrered me because they showed up very clear even from a distance.

Thank you for the advice on the pen! Getting them put on today Hopefully little to no more snow for the season.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts