Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a nice dark tint on the SOnata when I pick it up, but in Minnesota, you can only have 50%. It's awfully light. Is it even worth it to get tint when it's not much "tinting?" I could have darker in the back, but two tones tint jobs sort of annoy me. Looks odd. Especially when the difference is that extreme.

Lastly, does anyone know how tightly they enforce window tint laws in Minnesota? Or what they will let you get away with?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I too hate two tone tinting light on front and darker on rear, I did 35% all the way around and am real glad I did, Just enough during the day and not too dark at night. It really balances nice

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
QUOTE (hrustar @ Sep 14 2010, 01:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356257
I would like to get a nice dark tint on the SOnata when I pick it up, but in Minnesota, you can only have 50%. It's awfully light. Is it even worth it to get tint when it's not much "tinting?" I could have darker in the back, but two tones tint jobs sort of annoy me. Looks odd. Especially when the difference is that extreme.

Lastly, does anyone know how tightly they enforce window tint laws in Minnesota? Or what they will let you get away with?
I went with 50% and it's not that noticeable. If I were to do it again, I'd get 30-35% which ever one was the next darkest. I don't think tint would be that heavily enforced, until you come across some bored cop :p you could always say that's how you bought it from the dealer.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
A big factor people do not think about is the color of the interior. If you have a light color like blond or light grey, your going to want to go darker. If you have a dark interior like Black leather for instance you could go with a lighter tint.

In all honesty, i have 20% on my car and i love it, if your going to spend money i would go at least 35%.

Worst case scenario you get pulled over, rip the tints off that night, get them to wave the ticket. and have them re tinted :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
2 tone isnt so bad if they are close, like 5 / 50 would look awful im sure. i have 35 front/ 20 rear and you cant tell the difference so much. if i could do it again, id go with all 35, but i initially was being a good citizen and not tinting the front for this states laws... 20/nothing just looked terrible though. ill take my chances. police havent given me any funny looks yet.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts