Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a dumb question-but are the front windows tinted on the 2010 Santa Fe? I know virtually all vehicles are supposed to have some degree of manufacturers tint (?). My previous vehicle was "solar tinted" and I could feel no heat on my left arm as I drove around town and on trips-and no burn/tan. On the Santa Fe I can feel the heat from the sun on the left side of my body during normal driving, which leads me to believe either no tint or really minimal tint strength. When I open/close the windows I see no difference (no tint). My dealer sticker makes no reference to window tint (except for the privacy glass of course). Any actual facts?

Also, According to the Hyundai Santa Fe website-the rear bumper is supposed to have some kind of protection applied to help prevent scratching when loading/unloading. I cannot see this or maybe I don't know what to look for!? Thanks, Tedrik

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (tedrik @ Jun 12 2010, 12:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332320
This may seem like a dumb question-but are the front windows tinted on the 2010 Santa Fe? I know virtually all vehicles are supposed to have some degree of manufacturers tint (?). My previous vehicle was "solar tinted" and I could feel no heat on my left arm as I drove around town and on trips-and no burn/tan. On the Santa Fe I can feel the heat from the sun on the left side of my body during normal driving, which leads me to believe either no tint or really minimal tint strength. When I open/close the windows I see no difference (no tint). My dealer sticker makes no reference to window tint (except for the privacy glass of course). Any actual facts?

Also, According to the Hyundai Santa Fe website-the rear bumper is supposed to have some kind of protection applied to help prevent scratching when loading/unloading. I cannot see this or maybe I don't know what to look for!? Thanks, Tedrik
I suspect not, as I notice the sun very much too, whereas I never noticed it in my Tundra. Had 50% tint installed on the front windows a couple of weeks ago, and it is much better!

Richard

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (rb799 @ Jun 12 2010, 07:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332434
I suspect not, as I notice the sun very much too, whereas I never noticed it in my Tundra. Had 50% tint installed on the front windows a couple of weeks ago, and it is much better!

Richard
Yeah - and you're busted in most if not all of the 50 states - including your own of Virginia which, like most, limit the tint to a maximum of 35% transmission loss. Be sure you get that window rolled down before he opens his door! You never know who's having a bad hair day.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I didn't realize just how much I baked until I got my front windows tinted. I'm risking it at 27% which was the closest match to the OEM rear tint and that's because I simply refused to have mismatched tint. My OCD simply would not allow that. I'm in it almost two years now and knock on wood, no tickets yet. Seeing out at night is fine on illuminated roads but turning on dark streets has me rolling the window down sometimes. It's not awful but it certainly makes you look twice.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Jun 13 2010, 01:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332480
I'm risking it at 27% which was the closest match to the OEM rear tint ...
Naw, you're good. Oregon is 35%, too.

For anyone proposing the tinting job, here's a site that will let you know where the limits fall for each state. It's designed for the industry that sells and applies the films:

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (tedrik @ Jun 12 2010, 11:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332320

UPDATE: I googled the question and after clicking on a few sites I found: Exterior standard equipment/features-Tinted windshield and front windows-privacy glass rear windows. So, I guess they have a seemingly very light tint!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts