Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where this question belongs.

I'm looking for a small piece of Ceramic window tint (80+ VLT) to tint my sunroof with.

All I see on line are huge rolls for doing multiple windows. Anyone know of a place that will sell this small quantity for a reasonable price? Pre-cut would be great, but not a requirement. I figure I could tackle this as my first ever tint application. :laugh:

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Small rolls are sold in auto parts stores and on line.
Tint may seem easy but there is some skill involved
Especially if there are curves in the window or sunroof in this case
A hair dryer or heat gun is used sometimes to shape the tint to match the window

Good luck on your new project

·
Registered
320 Posts
eBay sellers will sell computer cut tint by specific car. I’d run a search there. I’ve seen many models listed and the sunroof is a precut option. Personally, I’d opt for the ~$30 USD professional install. This stuff is tricky. If you go the precut option, I’d get two just in case.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I would recommend a pro. They can do it pretty cheap and since it is the sunroof, you can upgrade to the carbon or ceramic to reduce the amount of radiant heat that comes through instead of just making it darker. Also, a lot of them will then come with lifetime warranty from the mfg of the tint and workmanship of the tint installer. I just had all but windshield re-tinted(removed old and started new) with SunTek brand CXP and it looks amazing. All in all was < $350. Looks great, feels SOOO much better in the arizona sun and piece of mind it was done right or will get re-done for free if I have any issues.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would recommend a pro. They can do it pretty cheap and since it is the sunroof, you can upgrade to the carbon or ceramic to reduce the amount of radiant heat that comes through instead of just making it darker. Also, a lot of them will then come with lifetime warranty from the mfg of the tint and workmanship of the tint installer. I just had all but windshield re-tinted(removed old and started new) with SunTek brand CXP and it looks amazing. All in all was < $350. Looks great, feels SOOO much better in the arizona sun and piece of mind it was done right or will get re-done for free if I have any issues.
So would I! :frown: I just had my windows done in ceramic. See my thread here if interested.

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/md-2...e/639005-window-tint-grown-ups-im-joking.html

I asked them about it and they said it would be $80. They claimed they did not have a computer pattern so it would have to be done by hand and be a bit more labor intensive. The local places all charged the same basic price and I have had Ziebart do all my cars over the years and all of them still are in perfect shape with no fading, bubbling or other issues, even my my 1995 Celica tint looks great today so I have some faith in their ability.

I had 40 ceramic installed all around with 80 on the windshield just this week because I want to try and see if the ceramic tint was worth the extra cost. (too late now to change my mind :laugh: ) I also paid $550 (taxes and shop fee included) for all the windows with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eBay sellers will sell computer cut tint by specific car. I’d run a search there. I’ve seen many models listed and the sunroof is a precut option. Personally, I’d opt for the ~$30 USD professional install. This stuff is tricky. If you go the precut option, I’d get two just in case.
I'll look again, but all that I found was for a complete car. I just need the sunroof. :frown:

Locally the sunroof quotes I got are about $80. If it were $30 I wouldn't be asking on the forum. :grin2:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Small rolls are sold in auto parts stores and on line.
Tint may seem easy but there is some skill involved
Especially if there are curves in the window or sunroof in this case
A hair dryer or heat gun is used sometimes to shape the tint to match the window

Good luck on your new project
Thanks, I figure if I mess it up royally it wouldn't take much to correct. :smile:

·
22,793 Posts
@broderp: $80 with a lifetime warranty? Do it. I’m not saying you’re incapable of self-install. Far from it. But...Down the road if it begins to bubble, starts peeling, etc. Then what? More $$$.

Another one of life’s little annoying moments when you’re being tugged and pulled between decisions, yes? Whatever you decide will be okay once you make the “Big Commit.” LOL

Reactions: 54strife

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure where this question belongs.

I'm looking for a small piece of Ceramic window tint (80+ VLT) to tint my sunroof with.

All I see on line are huge rolls for doing multiple windows. Anyone know of a place that will sell this small quantity for a reasonable price? Pre-cut would be great, but not a requirement. I figure I could tackle this as my first ever tint application. :laugh:
I live in Arizona and wouldn't own a car without tint. It's so worth the investment. Have you called around to for a quote on this small job instead of doing it yourself? Just curious....

·
Registered
197 Posts
I live in Arizona and wouldn't own a car without tint. It's so worth the investment. Have you called around to for a quote on this small job instead of doing it yourself? Just curious....

Yes he did and the quote was $80 and he would like to spend only $30 on this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts