Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody any idea on where the timming marks are and what they should be set to??? only the guy i bought this from replaced nerly everything elcetrical to solve a stalling problem and he just set the dizzy up roughly? any help would be useful.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
l am not sure that l understand your question, your vehicle does not have a distributor as such, no adjustments can be made. do you mean the timing marks on the camshaft and crankshaft? however if the belt was fitted incorrectly the engine would do much more than just stall........ie it would not start or at least be very hard to start, there would be a dramatic loss of power, it would overheat etc.

we need more detail to provide you with any clues/information

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Montego @ May 20 2010, 05:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324784
l am not sure that l understand your question, your vehicle does not have a distributor as such, no adjustments can be made. do you mean the timing marks on the camshaft and crankshaft? however if the belt was fitted incorrectly the engine would do much more than just stall........ie it would not start or at least be very hard to start, there would be a dramatic loss of power, it would overheat etc.

we need more detail to provide you with any clues/information

Its a "v reg" with a dizzy rotor arm and dizzy cap ,the dizzy has slots where it bolts to the head so that you can advance/**** the timming.

·
Registered
275 Posts
QUOTE (aceriley @ May 20 2010, 11:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324807
Its a "v reg" with a dizzy rotor arm and dizzy cap ,the dizzy has slots where it bolts to the head so that you can advance/**** the timming.

If I recall correctly, you have a raised mark on the cam belt cover down by the crankshaft pulley rhs when viewed from above. With a strobe attached to the plug nearest the cam belt, the 2nd mark equates to around 8 to 10 degrees before top dead centre and should align at idle.
As you say the distributor is mounted on the cylinder head above the flywheel bell housing and can rotate by loosening a hex nut.

By the way, what is the carbon contact inside the distributor cover like? worn / broken?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for the reply will check it next week.im hoping that cleaning all the plugs on all the sensors has cured the stalling (map sensor etc) but will check the timming next week after 30 years in the auto electrics business this little sod has sent me close to madness with stalling now and again even the diagnostics at hyundai could not find anything wrong? thats why i bought it cheap from a so called trader mate.once again many thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts