Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just bought a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3 with 11200 and I'm thinking of flushing my engine because I'm getting chain slapping when I first crank it I have hydraulic tensioner and from what I've been reading up on this could solve the problem so I don't have to rip into the motor to change the hydraulic tensioner what do u think

·
Registered
451 Posts
At first you'd think an engine with only 11,200 miles wouldn't need a flush, but then again that car did a lot of sitting which is not good. I recently bought a 2012 Santa Fe with the 3.5 and it only had 17,784 miles on it. Luckily the engine is quiet. I've read good things about BG products...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At first you'd think an engine with only 11,200 miles wouldn't need a flush, but then again that car did a lot of sitting which is not good. I recently bought a 2012 Santa Fe with the 3.5 and it only had 17,784 miles on it. Luckily the engine is quiet. I've read good things about BG products...

I apologise typo 112000

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've read that the hydraulic tensioner is a faulty design
Tensioner failure is blamed on two things. Lack of oil changes which causes excess sludge build-up in the oil passages to the tensioners which in turn causes them not to pump up quickly enough and there is also a mechanical failure attributed to the teeth wearing out on the little shaft (don't know the official term) that keeps a constant tension on the chain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts