Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 elantra gls....there seems to be an oil leak coming from the timing chain cover,,,,is it a difficult job to remove the cover and what steps are involved,,,,,thanks

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
It's highly unlikely the leak is coming from the cover unless someone has taken it off before but more likely the front crank seal. Thats an easy job done by removing the harmonic balancer. I suggest you give it a wash the determine just where the leak is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks charlescrown for the reply.......I plan to do that in the coming weeks.....the cover itself has about a 1001 bolts and as you said may be unlikely to leak....I suspect it is coming from the top area where it mates with the valve cover...the valve cover has a gasket except in the area where it mates with the timing chain cover where they used just silicone....

·
Registered
12 Posts
2013 elantra gls....there seems to be an oil leak coming from the timing chain cover,,,,is it a difficult job to remove the cover and what steps are involved,,,,,thanks
if u have no idea what u dealing with, then sent it to someone who knows. u will need to remove the timing cover and valve cover and the pulley and belts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts