Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Can someone advise if the I10 1.2 comfort has a timing belt.

The manual refers to the intervals for changing a timing belt but only shows for and I10 1.1L?

Thank You

KRazza

·
Registered
181 Posts
I believe it is a timing chain rather than a belt - as mentioned here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Kappa_engine

The valvetrain is driven by a silent-type, maintenance free steel timing chain that replaces a roller-type timing chain: The optimized design greatly reduces impact forces and noise when the gear tooth and chain engage.[/quote]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm fishing around for some help with timing chain/belt trustworthiness. I've heard of one going 'up the spout' after 125 KMs The engine was a mess as a result. Any help out there? When should have it at least inspected?

admin edit...l think you have posted in the wrong forum, you need the santa fe forum for a better response to your question

·
Registered
183 Posts
Timing chain inspection depends on manufacturer. You don't change it normally. It may snap which is very, very rare (belts are causing issues much more often) and then you need new engine in 99% of cases.

·
Registered
99 Posts
QUOTE (Ompah-bill @ Aug 20 2010, 01:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350597
I'm fishing around for some help with timing chain/belt trustworthiness. I've heard of one going 'up the spout' after 125 KMs The engine was a mess as a result. Any help out there? When should have it at least inspected?
The single most important thing that you can do, to extend the life of your timing chain, is to change the oil + filter frequently. A constant supply of oil to lubricate the chain is crucial. Clean oil is necessary to make sure that passages do not get blocked. If it is looked after, the chain should last the life of the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys

Can you guys please advice on how to set up the timing for Hyundai i10 2009 model. I just replaced the top gasket and as such the timing chain was touched as well because we had to take out the two wheels at the top of the timing chain. now the engine is parked everything went in place but it doesn't want to start. when we turn the key it does turn the engine but don't want to start. power supply is there from the streebitor and the sparks. petrol pressure is there as well. please advice on what to do.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have you gone back to basics, you need three things for an engine to fire, have you got a spark, have you got fuel at the cylinders and have you got compression?

·
Registered
1 Posts
jim cowan

Can you advise if
HYUNDAI I.20 kAPPA 5 DR mAN 5 2WD FIRST REGISTERED ON 26 9 11 HAS A TIMING CHAIN OR A TIMING BELT. Thank you.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hello

Can someone advise if the I10 1.2 comfort has a timing belt.

The manual refers to the intervals for changing a timing belt but only shows for and I10 1.1L?

Thank You

KRazza
I hope you are OK Krazza because you seem to have disappeared.
rgds

1 - 16 of 16 Posts