Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I changed the timing belts and the associated pulleys myself . certainly , doing this job for the second time is much easier than the first time . The engine sounded different than before , which is usual when new components are fitted . The old timing belts were Gates which is the best you can buy , It was in a very good condition . but i must replace the old one to have a peace of mind .
The new timing belt is the SUN type ,a very reputable Japanese brand .

Regards

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you taken any pictures while replacing the timing belt, can you post it.
Sorry .... I did not . but the matter is not as complicated as the shop manual describes . because you are not replacing the oil pads on the cam and the crank shafts . Does not take much of experience , needs good tools , place and common sense . The little timing belt (balance) can be removed without having to remove the timing blade and the crankshaft bolt , you can rotate the crank back and forth slowly and slip it in . The 5 timing marks are clearly visible . The big timing belt needs care when installed , not to damage . I recommend assistance from a friend when doing this work . The final touch after all marks are aligned , is to instal the pulley of the tensioner , because I found the belt to be very tight to fit , without a bit of damage . when this is done just remove the pin holding the tensioner so that the belt becomes tight . wait for a while than rotate the crank twice , while observing the timing marks . If things are fine operate the engine for a minute while it is uncovered and the 2 drive belts are not installed , the cooling pump is not operational during this test .

Regards

·
9,148 Posts
Hi Mazen,

I am truly respect you for all the works you have to your Jet and advise you gave in this forum.

Thank you...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Glad to see you successfully change your belt. Amman is cool. I stayed at the Philadelphia hotel once, near the Roman amphitheater. A long time ago.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to see you successfully change your belt. Amman is cool. I stayed at the Philadelphia hotel once, near the Roman amphitheater. A long time ago.
What a small world we live in . You were in Amman , I was in Chicago and California . The Philadelphia hotel was sadly demolished by ignorants who did not know how symbolic and valuable that place was , It witnessed the first Jordanian government in 1924 . The irony of the matter is that a government agency who insisted on the demolition , to erect a Cafe .

Please read my P.M . I am sending to you .

Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts