Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the easiest way to change out a timing belt on a 2000 tiburon. The HMA site makes it too complicated (taking things out that are not nessesary)
If any one has good instructions /w pictures, I would appreciate it (2.0 engine, 4 cylinder)

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Pretty straight forward, just be aware of correct timing marks.

Need to jack motor up/down as required to get where you need to be.

Pics are from a job that got water pump, so it has a couple items extra removed, so handfull of pics from that job not posted up for you to see.

The parts on the wagon in the first pic---- This car got a water pump, so normally the lower cover stays in the car, I just leave it hanging loose.. the alternator adjuster does not get removed for timing belt, had to remove it for water pump,, idler pulley was removed for water pump, it stays when doing just a timing belt.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (bornla @ Dec 10 2010, 01:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378549
Nice pictures but no step by step information to go by.
Really is not hard to do.. Take too long to write something up, as I can do 2.0 timing belt and belts replace in a bit over an hr on a rack.

The pics show the basic what you need to remove, though I do not remove the lower cover,,, I leave it in the compartment, but have the screws removed so I can remove the belt from behind the flopping loose lower cover.

Note the red mark on the damper pulley to align with the "T" on the cover, and the hole on the cam pulley with red around it,, there is red align mark on cam cap visible through the hole when set to #1..

Remove the P/S pressure hose to get it out of way, remove the belts and pulleys, upper cover and go..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts