Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to get my timing belt done have bean quoted 350 pounds 270 pounds and 450 pounds last quot was a main dealer the quotes all include parts the belt is about 75 pounds witch quot do you think sounds ok

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
QUOTE (pat1958 @ Aug 24 2010, 04:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351683
i am going to get my timing belt done have bean quoted 350 pounds 270 pounds and 450 pounds last quot was a main dealer the quotes all include parts the belt is about 75 pounds witch quot do you think sounds ok
So does this include the tensioner, water pump, etc? You're supposed to change the tensioner at a minimum on these cars.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
that picture is one of the rollers not the tensioner, the tensioner is a small hydrolic device which pushes against one of the rollers to keep the belt taught. the prices you have been quoted l doubt would include the water pump, you need to ask more questions about what you are getting for your money. what's your current mileage?
this is not an easy timing belt to change, make certain that whoever does the job knows what they are doing

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the car has 8000 miles now it had a service at 62000 thats the last stamp in the book i got the car with 74000 miles on it the price includes belt and pulleys he said they cost 170 pounds. thats my local garage total cost 270 my other garage said its 350 to replace the belt . there is a water pump on ebay cost 99 pounds. i phoned up hyundai dealer they told me they only change the belts unless the pulleys are noisy and if the water pump looks worn so i he said its 450 pounds to fit and about 75 pounds for the belt do you need to change the water pump and timing belt tensioner ,when i asked the hyundai dealer about the cost of the belt and kits thats when he said the dont do a kit we sell the rollers they are about 30 pounds the tensioner is about 170 and the belts about 75 but we normally just change the belts today got some cost,s for the belt 58 pounds pump 65 pounds timing belt tensioner 86 pounds thats from my locale car parts shop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts