Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i recently bought a 2003 santa fe 2.4L. I was wondering do the 4 cylinders have the timing belt or chain? Also im wanting to change out the spark plugs and wires but i went to kragens and the lady told me they dont sell the wires just the plug boots and i would have to go somewhere else to get the whole spark plug wires...any help with that cause its super new to me

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
If you're doing the timing belt, make sure you do the balance shaft belt at the same time. It is just as crucial and frequently gets overlooked.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Here is lower pic of the 2.4, though it is kinda bright... note the small balance belt that drives the small cog at 9 o'clock in the pic..

Balance belt breaks, gets caught between timing belt and crank cog, it skips, and will bend valves if done right... bends the rotor (see new silvler blade) and breaks crank sensor (see new sensor in the pic)..

Attachments

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks alot guys i can probably do the timing belt but id rather not risk it ill let someone else do that and as for the wires it self does any one know why autozone or kragens only sell 2 spark plug wires instead of 4. make more money or something? its like 55 bucks for 4 wires

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
QUOTE (browny @ Jun 17 2010, 10:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333893
hey thanks alot guys i can probably do the timing belt but id rather not risk it ill let someone else do that and as for the wires it self does any one know why autozone or kragens only sell 2 spark plug wires instead of 4. make more money or something? its like 55 bucks for 4 wires
there are only two wires.......the other two spark plugs have the coil packs fitted on them, you will see what l mean if you take a look at your engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts