Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when is about the right time to change timing belt. A mechanic recommended to change it after 60,000 kms. I think it's a bit too early compares to other type of cars.

Anyone can share his/her experience???

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by nadh@Oct 8 2004, 06:09 AM
Does anyone know when is about the right time to change timing belt. A mechanic recommended to change it after 60,000 kms. I think it's a bit too early compares to other type of cars.

Anyone can share his/her experience???
[snapback]1596[/snapback]​

I can't say from direct experience as the Marix is not sold in North America but 60,000 does seem a bit early.

A quick search of the net does not seem to indicate that the Matrix is prone to early timing belt failure. 80-90,000 would be a more likley time to look at for most vehicles. Have you asked a dealer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by gordo@Oct 11 2004, 12:52 AM
I can't say from direct experience as the Marix is not sold in North America but 60,000 does seem a bit early.

A quick search of the net does not seem to indicate that the Matrix is prone to early timing belt failure. 80-90,000 would be a more likley time to look at for most vehicles. Have you asked a dealer?
[snapback]1640[/snapback]​

Authorized Hyundai Mechanic advised me to change it as early as 60,000 kms. he mentioned that there was a case of timimng belt failure at 65,000 kms before. I'm a bit skeptical about that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by nadh@Oct 11 2004, 01:34 AM
Authorized Hyundai Mechanic advised me to change it as early as 60,000 kms. he mentioned that there was a case of timimng belt failure at 65,000 kms before. I'm a bit skeptical about that.
[snapback]1657[/snapback]​

Ok...from my experience with so many cars..not only hyundai....I am sure that
60 000 KM is early...

The time that it is a must to change it is 100 000KMs.

BUT , to be safe and avoid all the mess... do it every 80 000KMs

Do not forget, this depends on you driving style... I mean if you are a heavy driver, speeding too much,, accelerating very fast,, and using your car 2fast 2 fuerous,,,then you have to change it on 60 000KMs...

But normal driver..80 000 is very safe.

I....considering myself as a bad driver with 140KMs speed everyday. change the timing belt every 90 000KMs in my XG30, and also in all my old cars.

Wish you all the best.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by plxmmk@Oct 12 2004, 10:08 AM
Ok...from my experience with so many cars..not only hyundai....I am sure that
60 000 KM is early...

The time that it is a must to change it is 100 000KMs.

BUT , to be safe and avoid all the mess... do it every 80 000KMs

Do not forget, this depends on you driving style... I mean if you are a heavy driver, speeding too much,, accelerating very fast,, and using your car 2fast 2 fuerous,,,then you have to change it on 60 000KMs...

But normal driver..80 000 is very safe.

I....considering myself as a bad driver with 140KMs speed everyday. change the timing belt every 90 000KMs in my XG30, and also in all my old cars.

Wish you all the best.
[snapback]1684[/snapback]​

And thanks god you're not in Singapore! Max speed limit is 90km/hr.
Furthermore, you will lose your driving licence after caught for speeding twice.
I was caught once for travelling at 90km on a 60km/hr road !!! :( :angry:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by cherry@Oct 29 2004, 06:39 AM
And thanks god you're not in Singapore! Max speed limit is 90km/hr.
Furthermore, you will lose your driving licence after caught for speeding twice.
I was caught once for travelling at 90km on a 60km/hr road !!!  :(  :angry:
[snapback]2135[/snapback]​

Singaporean, take note not to speed along Lornie to upper thomson road.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by cherry@Oct 29 2004, 04:41 PM
Singaporean, take note not to speed along Lornie to upper thomson road.
[snapback]2136[/snapback]​

oh...

Here In Saudi Arabia, we have a racing high ways..

yes... most cars drive at 120 km/h

Anyway,, I think it is better for every one to drive like singapore...

wish you best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts