Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry: I cannot believe it!

I bought my brand new Getz last night in September. While I am driving along a busy street in Sydney. the bloody getz stop in the middle of the road and not able to start anymore.

The hyundai technicians came and drag my car back to the workshop!

The result : They found the Timing Belt Broke!!!

I demand a reason : " They say : well its factory made! We cannot do anything about it!!"

What the!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mate, it's not a Mercedes Benz.
The occasional problem is expected.
It's just unfortunate that it happened to you.

These motors are freespinning anyway, meaning that no internal engine damage would have resulted in the broken timing belt.

They will replace the timing belt for free anyhow.
Nothing to worry about. Although it is annoying!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 14 2004, 08:50 PM
Mate, it's not a Mercedes Benz.
The occasional problem is expected.
It's just unfortunate that it happened to you.

These motors are freespinning anyway, meaning that no internal engine damage would have resulted in the broken timing belt.

They will replace the timing belt for free anyhow.
Nothing to worry about. Although it is annoying!
[snapback]2756[/snapback]​

is that true the broken of timing belt won't affect the engine?
i thought that the broken of the timing belt will causing the piston and the rings bend and we have to do the overhauls for the engine...
anyway, in malaysia it is quite a numbers of owner complaint for the timing belt problem, like the "krok, krok" sound when idling in the early of the morning, or the weather is cold, service center claim that is manucfacture defects, most of them got claim a new timing belt for replacement....
i'm sorry to hear that the timing belt has been broken, it is a very unacceptable, for a good reputation car manucfacture- Hyundai.

Hyundai should take this issue very serious cos the timig belt is the most important part for the engine.

i hope this kind of thing won;t be happend, and the Hyundai really can find out the problem and doing a mass recall to ask the owner to check for the timing belt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well mate i'm buying a new one myself.

the biggest reason is WARRANTY,
I'll get rid of it well before the warranty expires.

Sucks it happened to you but at least it'll be no cost to fix.

I've been told they're pretty good with warranty work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts