Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was anxiously waiting for the 2011 Turbo but it was moved to the right for a couple of months. My 06 Sonata (LX) was close to 60K miles (54K) so I needed to move fast. Somebody in Ca was selling their 2010 Genesis coupe Track 3.8 manual real cheap so I wanted to check it out. When I got behind the wheel I could not put it in gear efficiently . I have had manuals before but this one was real tricky. In fact the gears felt hard. I had a 2003 G35 automatic but and liked it but wondered if it was a stick how much better it would be. So I decided to check out the G37S coupes. I found a black on black in my price range (2009) and went to look at it. When I arrived at the dealership I found it was stick, was hoping it was an auto, too (they reported it as a automatic) and when I drove it the car seemed choppy and fast but not what I was looking for. I went home and talked to my wife and she mentioned that an older woman up the block was moving and besides selling her house was selling her car. So I walked up the street and found out that she leased a 2009 M35 and put down over 12K to get the payments down. I told her that I would be willing to buy her car and she agreed. By the way the car only had four thousand and six hundred miles on the odometer. I called my bank and they bought out the lease for pennies on the dollar. When all was said and done the price of the 2009 M35 Luxury was less than a new Sonata Turbo. And the car I got was fully loaded. In fact, the car was much less than a Genesis sedan. So I immediately sold my 06 Sonata LX and got over 10K for it. Because I keep my cars in the best conditions the first person who looked at the car bought it. Since I did not owe any money on the Sonata I but all the profits on the 2009 M35 Luxury which led to my payments less than my Sonata. I liked the Sonata but love the M35. So I guess if I had a chose between the 275HP Sonata turbo and the 290HP M35 I think I made the right decision. My M35 has Navi, back up camera, Xenon lights, park assist, Bose 11 speaker system, heated and air conditioned seats, voice commands, hands free phone, DVD player (front and back seats) and lots of other stuff. Since the lady was leasing the car, first one, DMV reported that I am the first real owner so when I went to the Infiniti dealership they have me as the first owner in their computer. I had the car checked for any problems and they reported that the Freon and air presser in the tires was low. That is it! Again, I bought the Sonata LX to show to my collogues at work that Hyundai makes good cars but after driving the Infiniti I now know what I have been missing. Before my Sonata I owned a MBZ but the differences between the C class and Infinti was not that drastic howerver, the difference between the Sonata and M35 is much different. I love the new body style of the Sonata but I guess I got too anxious for it to arrive. I had a great time on the site and got great assist from all of you. I want to personally thank you for all your support. I hope you like the pictures. By the way, I all ready purchased a new rear spoiler and LCD lights all over the interior. Plus decided to exchange the rims for chrome. Don’t know if the wife will allow me but Christmas is arriving shortly. Again thanks guys you made my Sonata ownership awesome. If it was not for you guys I would not have bought the awesome exterior/interior mods and would have not got top dollar for my car.

Attachments

·
Banned
7 Posts
Nice looking Car, and we will miss you :57: I guess I'm in the minority, as I think the 2011 is an eyesore, and the new Turbo & V6 are

very similar power wise if you own one of the first NF units out of Alabama. Why would you be able to

buy out someones lease for pennies on the Dollar. That really doesn't make cents :p

BTW, your Sonata was beautiful! Where did our 5 years go?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
QUOTE (GoFast @ Oct 30 2010, 11:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367649
Nice looking Car, and we will miss you :57: I guess I'm in the minority, as I think the 2011 is an eyesore, and the new Turbo & V6 are

very similar power wise if you own one of the first NF units out of Alabama. Why would you be able to

buy out someones lease for pennies on the Dollar. That really doesn't make cents :p

BTW, your Sonata was beautiful! Where did our 5 years go?
For somebody who joined just yesterday you seem to know quite a few people around here....:ph34r:Come on, Scott...we're not stupid. Please don't take us for idiots.

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Oct 31 2010, 05:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367667
nice! hope you enjoy the legendary vq power.. one day i will too just one day :D
VQ is nice, but my next engine is going to be a N54 (B30 2008+) in an E92 (or if I have it my way, my next engine will be a Testastretta Evoluzione in a size 1098 please) . Sorry Hyundai, I too must move on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts