Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmmm so i have a intermittent trunk light (have posted about it before) and the dealership seems to think it is my lights that i have installed but it is totally different wiring.... it happened before my mods as well. Last time they saw it, it did not work and they "tightened the harness" well that was not the fix and now that i brought it in today with it deciding to work. They said they will not touch it without seeing it not work, even though they saw it the last time and a little hard when it is intermittent. dealership says "vehicle has aftermarket lighting that could be causing customers concern, not warranty".... BS

Well i also got my second service for $99.42 which they only rotated tires and did the oil and lubricated doors and suspension.. lol its the 7500 mile service. I feel i could do it for alot less but dealership says filters are $8 and some change and if i do the service that it can void the warranty... i also called in hyundai and they read me a paragraph stating for warranty to stay intact hyundai genuine parts and service must be done and if i do it myself that they may not warranty out engine/car problems down the road.... what should i do? i thought they cannot do this but dealership and 1800-hyundai number (corporate) states this.....

lost faith in the dealership....

The pamphlet also states for the following services...

11,250- $30.00
15k- $200
18,750- $30.00
22,500- $89.95
26,250- $30.00
30k- $399.95
*not including tax.... seems a little much for mostly inspections.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Technically the dealer cannot refuse warranty service simply because you have aftermarket lights. But they do have the right to walk away from the problem after verifying that that the OEM parts are all functioning correctly. What you might want to do is remove the aftermarket parts and then try again, preferably while the trunk light is acting up.

The subject of DIY maintenance and the Magnuson Ross Warranty Act has been discussed ad nauseam in this forum if you do a search. Only if the DIY work causes a problem is that problem not covered. Also, if the DIY work makes it difficult for a problem to be diagnosed and/or repaired then they might be within their rights to insist that you restore the car to OEM condition.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Technically the dealer cannot refuse warranty service simply because you have aftermarket lights. But they do have the right to walk away from the problem after verifying that that the OEM parts are all functioning correctly. What you might want to do is remove the aftermarket parts and then try again, preferably while the trunk light is acting up.

The subject of DIY maintenance and the Magnuson Ross Warranty Act has been discussed ad nauseam in this forum if you do a search. Only if the DIY work causes a problem is that problem not covered. Also, if the DIY work makes it difficult for a problem to be diagnosed and/or repaired then they might be within their rights to insist that you restore the car to OEM condition.
its a bit of work to remove everything... might just deal with it instead of fighting anymore... i have searched it just stating what the dealership and hyundai has stated... afraid to get into a bind and them not do anything... if i use oem parts there is nothing they can do if i do my own maintenance and save receipts and document it correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts