Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks, a lot of time to not post anything here :D, that last weekend I change the tires on my baby, the OEM tires Kumho 195/50/16 was worn-out.

After seach a lot and check price, spect and the desing, I shift to GT radial 328 CHAMPIRO 328 - GT Radial USA .

Also increace the tire size to 205/50/16, at moment I gain about 1cm on tire diameter
205*0.50= 102.5 mm versus 195*0.50= 97.5 mm
102.7-97.5= 5.2 mm
0.52 cm * 2 = 1.04 cm tire diameter :D

This little difference wide makes feel the car more stable on curves, and the extra high more comfortable

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
907 Posts
That is surprisingly cheap... kinda makes me wonder about it's specs... Never heard of that brand before. Sure beats $106 Cooper CS4 tires I bought, but then I bought them below MSRP.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOl i used it on my old Kia sephia, and works fine, is a Chinesse tire ( like the 90% of things now ) but the perfomance/price is ok

·
Registered
305 Posts
GT Radials are made by Giti which is a company based out of Singapore and ( I believe ) all their tires are made at plants in China. I bought a "Primewell' brand tire as the spare for my Accent which is made by Giti. Primewell is the house brand for Wheel Works and a couple other tire chains in the U.S. They're evidently in the process of trying to bring their higher end tires to the U.S. market.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I went with 195/55rx16 yoko avids. much better ride and handling than stock, plus a recognized brand .
From anything I have ever read, you should always stay within +/-3% of the OEM outside diameter. Those 195/55R16 would be 3.2% larger. It probably wouldnt be a problem, but you wont see me go that high... Although I'm sure the ride quality would be better...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Does anyone know if the Accent odometer is accurate? We know the speedometer is inaccurate, but it seems like Hyundai would have a legal problem if their odometer was overcounting your miles by anything over 1% on properly inflated stock size tires. If the odometer was wrong, overcounting your miles, larger diameter tires might make the odometer count correctly.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the easy way is use paralel waze or other gps program

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Does anyone know if the Accent odometer is accurate?
Mine gains 2 miles per 100. I checked it out on a stretch of highway with some certified highway markers placed especially for odometer checks... I actually apply the correction whenever I hand calculate my mileage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts